Rate this topic

I already know the spiel on high fructose corn syrup as I never eat or drink anything with those high contents of ingredients normally just stick to water when I drink. But I have a bout of the stomach flu and needed something besides water vernors had always helped me in the past does anyone know if this is gluten free. Same with Gatorade that's gluten-free? Just need something quick and convienent to drink. 

20 minutes ago, Jherm21 said:

I already know the spiel on high fructose corn syrup as I never eat or drink anything with those high contents of ingredients normally just stick to water when I drink. But I have a bout of the stomach flu and needed something besides water vernors had always helped me in the past does anyone know if this is gluten free. Same with Gatorade that's gluten-free? Just need something quick and convienent to drink. 

I haven’t heard of Vernors.  But, in the US, Gatorade is gluten-free.  Most all soda pops are, too

3 minutes ago, Jherm21 said:

Thats funny I have been searching info on vernors (I'm from Michigan detroit area) seems like its mainly a local soda. It's originated from Detroit. Its ginger ale

Look at your own can and read the ingredients?  I have only seen actual Gluten in a soda once - that was a specialty craft soda with barley syrup/ malt in it.  There would be no reason to add wheat- but it would need to be labeled as wheat in the US

Yeah ditto, only ever seen gluten in these crazy craft soda in a specialty store and one case on a special edition Pepsi that used barley malt for a flavoring. On a side note I like to make my beverage, with tea blends and water flavor enhancers. -_- I can not drink a bubbly soda anymore just messes with me, >. > Though I do some times get a zevia stevia soda and crack it up and let it go flat for a few days before enjoying the soda flavor, but vs price I just turned to using sweet drops water enhancers and sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and sucrose.

We love Vernors and bring it home when we visit Michigan.  I hoard it in the basement for any stomach issues that pop up. My son and I (both Celiac) have never had a problem with it.  Instead of gatoraide, consider coconut water to replenish fluids and electrolytes.  Does a better job and no chemicals or dyes.  Not coconut milk .  Coconut water.  They sell it plain and flavored.

13 minutes ago, Mynx said:

I just got off the phone with customer relations at Dr Pepper/Snapple. They told me that while the caramel color comes from corn that Vernors and Diet Vernors are NOT Gluten Free

Because?    They don’t test?  Most soda companies don’t test. & the lawyers tell them not to say gluten-free?   That would add to the  cost for everyone .  

On the website , I looked at ginger ale and it specifically says it contains no gluten 

Edited by kareng