I'msickofbeingsick

Yes, celiac is worse!...

Rate this topic

...than my spinal cord injury! That's right. I'm paralyzed from the chest down and for the most part I have maintained happiness despite not walking and having secondary issues. You can't possibly be happy with celiac, it's absolutely impossible! I guess it says alot to rather be paralyzed than have celiac.

Edited by I'msickofbeingsick

5 minutes ago, I'msickofbeingsick said:

...than my spinal cord injury! That's right. I'm paralyzed from the chest down and for the most part I have maintained happiness despite not walking and having secondary issues. You can't possibly be happy with celiac, it's absolutely impossible! I guess it says alot to rather be paralyzed than have celiac.

Wow!  All I have to do is change the way I eat a small amount - and my Celiac is taken care of.  Its a pain in the butt sometimes, but not nearly the problem of being paralyzed.

I hope you are seeing a psychologist or counselor.  

Its just that....you have dealt with something so life changing and that limits and adds difficulty to your everyday life....and Celiac is a relatively minor thing compared to that!

Edited by kareng
can't spell...

Celiac is a bit overwhelming at first but you quickly get used to, the clean out and reading labels was hard but became second nature. The loss of eating out at most places quickly went away, As a chef I cook better stuff anyway then restaurants. And now days you can find gluten free everything, trust me on this I have compiled quite a list of substitutes trying to help people cope with it and work in helping others with this disease and other food intolerance/allergies.
Funny thing gluten/celiac reactions for me include gluten ataxia....I lose motor control and a full on glutening causes me to collapse to the floor and not be able to move for hours. The nerve damage I have suffered causes me to not having much feeling in my hands/feet so I burn/cut myself all the time. Sorry I know this is nothing compared to full on loss of lower mobility, I can not even phantom living with that and you have really overcome quite a bit to live a happy life with it.
If you need any help recreating recipes or finding old gluten-free favorites I can see about helping you out, hell if you ever down in Texas in my area I will gladly fix a full on meal on the house, truly a inspiration. Keep on going this is just a small speed bump in comparison. Bit of a list, I have more food items for the next run I will do for the 2018 run in December.

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/119661-gluten-free-food-alternative-list-2017/