Rate this topic

Hi - firstly having read what some people have to go through I feel for everyone in this condition.

I have felt a little crappy for about 18 month now and am trying to work out what it is - i have always suffered from quite bad IBS but since being given Ciprofloaxacin everything about my digestive system seems to have gone haywire - having googled the hell out of my symptoms Gluten intolerance keeps popping up.

So - first started to consider it after noticing whenever I have had a pizza my stomach or bread bloats like you wouldnt believe - i mean i look pregnant, I get a pain up my right side like im bloated, severe constipation which lasts until ive managed to get my self moving again with laxido or movicol which then switches to diarrhoea. All the time massive gas and noises from my stomach - eventually it feels heavy low down like im blocked up.

Mixed in with this ive got itchy skin and a sensation like pin pricks on my hands (not pins and needles but actual random pin pricks), I get spots on my hands like dots rather than spots that feel hard and like a splinter but they dont pop, they dont come to a head and eventually (days) they go away 

I have psoriasis which seems to get worse in fits and spats

My throught feels closed and I have to keep clearing my throat.

Oh and I get like a wierd rash on my face.

Oh and muscle aches and pains.

Question - does this all seem familiar or do some parts not fit the bill (so to speak). I know a lot of this sounds like anxiety also but ive read that the symptoms can be similar (all very confusing)

hope you guys can help (im adult male 48)

2 hours ago, Dobster J said:

Hi - firstly having read what some people have to go through I feel for everyone in this condition.

I have felt a little crappy for about 18 month now and am trying to work out what it is - i have always suffered from quite bad IBS but since being given Ciprofloaxacin everything about my digestive system seems to have gone haywire - having googled the hell out of my symptoms Gluten intolerance keeps popping up.

So - first started to consider it after noticing whenever I have had a pizza my stomach or bread bloats like you wouldnt believe - i mean i look pregnant, I get a pain up my right side like im bloated, severe constipation which lasts until ive managed to get my self moving again with laxido or movicol which then switches to diarrhoea. All the time massive gas and noises from my stomach - eventually it feels heavy low down like im blocked up.

Mixed in with this ive got itchy skin and a sensation like pin pricks on my hands (not pins and needles but actual random pin pricks), I get spots on my hands like dots rather than spots that feel hard and like a splinter but they dont pop, they dont come to a head and eventually (days) they go away 

I have psoriasis which seems to get worse in fits and spats

My throught feels closed and I have to keep clearing my throat.

Oh and I get like a wierd rash on my face.

Oh and muscle aches and pains.

Question - does this all seem familiar or do some parts not fit the bill (so to speak). I know a lot of this sounds like anxiety also but ive read that the symptoms can be similar (all very confusing)

hope you guys can help (im adult male 48)

It could be celiac disease.  The only way to know for sure is to get tested before trying the gluten free diet (all celiac disease testing requires you to be on a full gluten diet.  

Learn about testing:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/

I hop you feel better soon.