Rate this topic

I normally ever get headaches by I've had one for the last week I know it's my allergies and sinuses I just need a temporary headache med that I'm just going to take once. I never take nsaids but am willing to if they are gluten free for this headache. Any advice on something. I'm in the US 

Hi Jherm

I think some people on this board take nsaids but I find increasingly they make my stomach sore.   

It's difficult as I think nsaids used as anti-inflammatories aren't they and that would be useful in your circumstances I imagine.  I do have a friend who like me has had gastritis over the summer and her GP told her if she wants to take a nsaid she should take something to protect her stomach first - but then she has a sensitivity there, like me.

Personally one thing I do occasionally do which I find really helps take the pain away fast is having a couple of parcetamols and a cup of sugary coffee when I take them.  I think the caffeine speeds up the cure.  But then I read this  - so exercise caution (and by the way, I'm not implying you have a hangover! I don't even drink!!)

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medication/potential-dangers-in-hangover-cure/

Advil is not Gluten Free because it is subject to cross contamination. 

According to the company, "Advil Liqui-Gels and Advil Migraine contain a wheatderivative, and are not gluten-free." It's not clear whether regular Advil and/or AdvilFilm-Coated products are produced in the same facility, which would subject them to gluten cross-contamination.Aug 31, 2017

Hope you feel better soon.  I can not take any NSAIDS or acetaminophen because I am highly allergic.  So, I can not help you with brands, but someone else might.  Target often has OTC products that are clearly labeled gluten-free.  

I have corn and gluten issue this former post by bartfull

helped me locate bc aspirin for my son (same issues) after he had ortho work

I have not tried it personally As I  still avoiding most things

good luck