LexieA

How do I find/select gluten free mushrooms?

Rate this topic

I remember on here that they are OFTEN grown on something that contains gluten. I watched a video before but I can't remember the details. The thing is they are supposed to be super nutritious and also they just taste really good. They definitely were making me sick about a year ago but I didn't know about the gluten. If I go to the grocery store how can I know?

Are there certain kinds that aren't grown with gluten or do I just need to contact the growers?

2 hours ago, LexieA said:

I remember on here that they are OFTEN grown on something that contains gluten. I watched a video before but I can't remember the details. The thing is they are supposed to be super nutritious and also they just taste really good. They definitely were making me sick about a year ago but I didn't know about the gluten. If I go to the grocery store how can I know?

Are there certain kinds that aren't grown with gluten or do I just need to contact the growers?

Call the local growers of the ones they carry in store.....I did the ones in my stores are grown from rye seed starters seeded with the fungi spores. Seems some gets into the finished mushrooms as they were making me sick. I have had luck with POLAR canned mushrooms and shiitake but I have to also rinse the salt out of them like crazy.