Ennis_TX

Thanksgiving Leftover ideas

Rate this topic

Turkey, vacuum pack it, you can use it later for soups, stews, sandwiches, omelettes etc. Will keep for months in the freezer

Dressing,
You can use it in various ways my fun thing to do with it is moisten it back up a bit and load it into a waffle maker these can then be frozen or eaten when ever, dressing and sausage flavored waffles are AWESOME.
Other leftovers can be put in a icecube tray and froze these cubes can be kept in a bag in the freezer, they are perfect for just putting a few in a bowl and zapping in the microwave later for quick meal, I love stir frying them in with eggs.

Gravy, Gravy can be frozen in icecube trays, and kept in bags, you can then put these over bread, mash, etc and melt them over them later in the microwave or use in a soup like a stock to add flavor.

Most Desserts can be frozen but around here I have hardly ever had any last the next week.

Mashed potatoes, again these can be loaded into icecube trays frozen and kept in bags for quick reheat and use meals. Goes great in soups later to thicken them up.

Green beans, after thanksgiving....you might want a new flavor thankfully the green beans can be incorporated into another cuisines using spices, in a soup or stir fried Asian style in coconut secret teriyaki sauces.
Casserole dishes honestly freeze quite well in may cases, I have not had many survive the next week but often you can top them other other cuisine spices or sauces and fry them up in a skillet or reheat in a bowl for something different.