MarGF

marGF

Rate this topic

I have Celiac Disease and am interested on going away on an all-inclusive trip

to the Caribbean........such as the Mayan Riviera Mexico or any other destination

Caribbean.  Has anyone have Resort names that you have felt '100% GlutenFree Safe'.

I get paranoid when I think of what I can eat.

2 hours ago, MarGF said:

I have Celiac Disease and am interested on going away on an all-inclusive trip

to the Caribbean........such as the Mayan Riviera Mexico or any other destination

Caribbean.  Has anyone have Resort names that you have felt '100% GlutenFree Safe'.

I get paranoid when I think of what I can eat.

Stick to meal bars and whole foods. -_- THERE are some cruise lines and certain ships in that area that some have had great times on and others have damn near killed people with CC issues. Do your research but plan for best and worse case so you not left without a backup plan
If you want to not get sick and have the best times, stick to stuff hard to mess up, fresh veggies, hard boiled eggs, if you can get a skillet/griddle cook yourself up stuff, microwave cook ware like Nordicware steamers, omelette makers, grill plates so you can cook on the go with whole food ingredients. Take emergency meal bars for on the run eating and packaged nuts/seeds you know are safe for snacking.  We recently were taking about MRE, and freeze dried foods for safe alternatives while leaving the house in another thread.