Rate this topic

I live in Turkey and there aren't any brand of rice packaged in a dedicated factory . (I recently found a brand and it has a crossed grain symbol but still not sure ) Our celiac association doesn't say anything about this topic but only avoid buying from bulk.  I guess soaking the rice well should be ok ?? ( By the way, I'm talking about basmati rice)

The cross grain symbol for what I recall is the european gluten free symbol if it is the one I am thinking about.

Things to do, get your rice, get a paper towel, and dump it out and look through it, remove any kind of foreign objects, other grains (you should not see any just a example if you see wheat throw it out) rocks, grass etc. Then using a bowl with light lip, or buy a grain colander/new wire sifter, rinse your rice under water, several times until water runs clear.  Most cooks, and people from Asian countries follow this procedure for cleaning your rice. After rinse several times and using your hands to sort of scrub them among each other cleaning them, repeat until water is clean and then set for a while before proceeding to dump into your rice cooker/pot etc and cook normally. I will post a video to make it super simple.

5 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

The cross grain symbol for what I recall is the european gluten free symbol if it is the one I am thinking about.

Things to do, get your rice, get a paper towel, and dump it out and look through it, remove any kind of foreign objects, other grains (you should not see any just a example if you see wheat throw it out) rocks, grass etc. Then using a bowl with light lip, or buy a grain colander/new wire sifter, rinse your rice under water, several times until water runs clear.  Most cooks, and people from Asian countries follow this procedure for cleaning your rice. After rinse several times and using your hands to sort of scrub them among each other cleaning them, repeat until water is clean and then set for a while before proceeding to dump into your rice cooker/pot etc and cook normally. I will post a video to make it super simple.

Thank you !