Rate this topic

Vegan Bacon Brussels
1lb fresh Brussels (not frozen)
4tbsp coconut secret aminos
2-4tbsp water
3tbsp liquid smoke
5tsp apple cider vinegar
4tsp maple or lakanto sugar free maple
8tsp coconut oil (I used nutiva butter flavored)
1tsp smoked paprika
spray oil (I used Nuco butter flavored coconut spray)
Couple of tbsp of coconut chips (optional but adds a bacon crunch)
salt to taste

1. Preheat your oven to 350F and foil line a baking sheet
2. Cut the bottoms off your Brussels and peel the leafs off placing them on the baking sheet cut a bit more if needed a few times to peel them apart.
3. Take your sheet of sprouts (you might have to do 2 batches) spray with the spray oil and sprinkle with salt bake this for 10mins then dump into a 12" skillet or wok
4. Mix up your other ingredients to make your sauce heat briefly in the microwave to melt you coconut oil and stir well pour this mix over your Brussels and heat over medium-high heat stirring constantly to coat evenly til you thin off the sauce and have them evenly coated and soft. now throw in your coconut chips (these add crunch)Remove from pan and serve.

I have done a variation of this with coconut secret teriyaki sauce and a few cracks of szechuan peppers for a epic asian take