• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Felidae

How To Make A Gfcf Pizza

Rate this topic

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make one. I have been craving pizza since I went cf. I have the Kinnikinnick pizza crusts, but I don't know what to put on them. How could I make them taste cheesy without any cheese?

Cheese may be an impossibility. My kids like the K crusts with Manwich. I make the Manwich with chopped meat, and top the crust with it. I've added cheese, but you don't have to. you can also throw in anything else you'd like ... more onions, gr. peppers, etc. The thing is, the manwich is so spicey and goooood, you might not even miss the cheese!

Are you CF due to an actual intolerance? Or do you feel that you need to heal villi damage? You can work dairy back in after a few months to see if it's still a problem.

I dont know if you are ok with soy or not but I use Melissa's soy shreads, http://www.melissas.com/catalog/index.cfm?...id=2321&Info=NO , or the store locator link at http://www.melissas.com/market/ . But I use the shreads with hormel pep. and whatever kind of spaghetti sauce you use, I tend to use prego traditional. Now the shreads do not match real cheese that close, but they say gluten-free on em and they do melt pretty good. I do not think there will ever be a fake cheese that matches real cheese perfect, but I hope this will help a little.

-Jennifer

You adjust to pizza without the cheese. I make sure I have a lot of good sauce. I think capers really add a great flavor that I now crave. I top my pizzas (chebe mix) with sauce, black olives, crumbled hamberger, capers, veggies, onions, etc. I like tomatoes and artichoke hearts too.

It may take some time but I crave my new pizza. Of course, I went for years before with pizza without cheese - now I just have different crusts.

The soy cheeses always made me sick and now I know why.

I'd say just go cheeseless. Follow Your Heart is one of three soy based cheeses that don't have casein (that I've been able to find), and I hear it melts well, but you can make cheeseless pizza by using a good tasting sauce (I make my own), and good, flavorful ingredients. (Though every pepperoni I've seen has dry milk in it.)

I've used spinach, which is surprizingly good with a lot of stuff.

You may want to check into Galaxy Foods vegan product line. I've only tried one of their veggie ones, which was really good IMHO. It does have soy in it.

There's also Road's End Organics, though I can't try theirs because they put yeast it them.

Edited by RiceGuy

...every pepperoni I've seen has dry milk in it.

I always prefered sausage, but sometimes I wish for a bit of pepperoni.

I just looked up Gluten-free Casein-free sausage, and found Wellshire Farms among others. They seem to have good labeling policies, and a good assortment of stuff too.

Are you CF due to an actual intolerance? Or do you feel that you need to heal villi damage? You can work dairy back in after a few months to see if it's still a problem.

I have tried adding an aged cheese about once a month for the past few months but I have had D every time. I think it is a casein intolerance, but I'm not sure.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I completely forgot about artichoke hearts. I used to eat those on pizza all the time before I was gluten-free. It sounds like a good sauce is the key. After I write two finals on Thursday I'm going to make a Gluten-free Casein-free pizza and have a gluten-free beer.

Use goat cheese. Make sure it has no casein in it, so do not pick the soft stuff in the tube. I get the goat cheddar.

Use goat cheese. Make sure it has no casein in it, so do not pick the soft stuff in the tube. I get the goat cheddar.

Goat cheese contains casein. ALL dairy - from any mammal - contains casein. The proportions of the different types of casein vary between different species, so some people who have a minor tolerance to cow-sourced dairy may be able to handle dairy from other species, it still does contain casein. If you have a serious allergy, particularly an anaphylactic one, it's a huge risk.