Rate this topic

First off my mother has celiac, and i think i might to but the doctor said i don't he did the blood sample a while ago. Ive been having bad smelling thin poops feeling a little constipated. I had blood in my poop when i put my finger up there t could it be celiac or is it something else. My body weight has stayed constant. Should i try gluten free or should i go back to the doctor and demand another test.

8 hours ago, editing23 said:

First off my mother has celiac, and i think i might to but the doctor said i don't he did the blood sample a while ago. Ive been having bad smelling thin poops feeling a little constipated. I had blood in my poop when i put my finger up there t could it be celiac or is it something else. My body weight has stayed constant. Should i try gluten free or should i go back to the doctor and demand another test.

How long ago were you tested?  Just because you didn't have Celiac 2 years ago - you could have developed it now.  That is why the experts recommend you get the genetic test &  , if positive,  get tested every 2 years.

Edited by kareng

I would ask for a complete blood test again, you have to be eating gluten for the test to be accurate, now I would also mention the blood to your doctor and mention you would like a endoscope and biopsy to confirm celiac (some the blood test does not show it but the villi damage can be observed via the biopsy) AND due to the blood as for a colonoscopy also.

If you see red blood this is in your large intestine not your small, this can be all kinds of issues from ulcers, polyps, hemorrhoids, colitis or ulcerative colitis. If you see tar like poop that is black that is a sign of bleeding in the upper digestive tract. Please be sure to inform your doctor of the bleeding. I ended up with ulcerative colitis as a secondary issues from celiac.

For now keep a food diary, see if you notice anything that causes the bleeding to worsen, try to figure out your transit time also for your digestive tract to get a idea of how long before it causes the bleeding (many find eating food like beets in large amounts for one meal can tell them as it changes the color of the stool when it comes out the back).
There are many causes for flare ups for UC mine were fructose, glucose, carbs, and harsh spices seem to do it. Supposedly soy, gluten, and dairy are also triggers but I do not consume them for other reasons and would not have personal experience.

If slight constipation try magnesium citrate in small doses, Natural Vitality Calm, start off with 1/4 tsp a day and slowly up it over a week to the dose you would need.

If your genetic test for celiac genes was negative, chances are you will not develop celiac disease.  However, there are always exceptions and experts have identified a few more genes, but this rare. You could ask for the celiac disease antibodies test just in case or post your genetic results here on the forum. 

Your symptoms could be attributed to many things.  How long have you had them?  Since your mother has celiac disease, you might have Non-celiac Gluten Sensitivity or another autoimmune disease like Crohn’s or Ulcerative Colitis.   It might be a simple bug or poor diet.  Talk to a doctor.