Jane87

Look like DH? Bilateral Itchy Bumpy Elbows

Rate this topic

On 11/29/2017 at 6:45 AM, Jane87 said:

Hello wise people!

I'm looking for some advice from those in the know. I have a reoccurring elbow rash (bilateral) that comes and goes. First episode about 10 yrs ago at age 20.

It presents as skin coloured bumps that are really itchy on both outer elbows. Over the course of 1 to 2 weeks the bumps may turn pinker and then dry out.

I saw a Dr in the early days and was told it wasn't psoriasis and was possibly caused by leaning on my elbows. ?

After another flare up last week (first in months) I saw a Nurse, who has referred me for a Dr review in a few weeks (earliest available appointment).

In the last 3 years I have also had flare ups of; itchy bumpy fingers, itchy lower back with tiny blister/bumps that turn red and extremely itchy calves with no rash. 

My mum is gluten intolerant with skin & stomach symptoms and has hypothyroidism.

I have attached pics of my elbows from this week, and older pictures of my fingers and back rash.

Any thoughts and comments will be greatly appreciated. Does this look like DH?

PhotoGrid_1511964833749.jpg

PhotoGrid_1512065525148.jpg

Hi Jane, I know this was written 2 years ago, but do you have an update on your diagnosis? Did you find out the cause of your rashes? Because I HAVE THE EXACT SAME THING! 

On 7/6/2019 at 5:31 PM, Yaya25 said:

Hi Jane, I know this was written 2 years ago, but do you have an update on your diagnosis? Did you find out the cause of your rashes? Because I HAVE THE EXACT SAME THING! 

Hello, I see your post is more recent than the OP in 2017, did you find out anything about this? My daughter has this exact rash. Comes and goes for the last 3 years. Elbows mostly and sometimes knees. She's 6. I have ceoliac in my family, but not us that I know of. Interested to find out more. Thanks.

Hi Lea,

Jane hasn't been on the forum for a few years.  She also isn't following this thread so she won't know you posted a question for her.

There is lots of info on DH in the forum though.  You might get more response by starting a new thread.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:27 AM, GFinDC said:

Hi Lea,

Jane hasn't been on the forum for a few years.  She also isn't following this thread so she won't know you posted a question for her.

There is lots of info on DH in the forum though.  You might get more response by starting a new thread.

I have the same thing, but no autoimmune or celiac. I find that rubbing handsanitizer on my elbows, up to 4 times a day for about a week usually makes it go away.