Rate this topic

I have been very sick for over 2 months and have lost over 26 lbs. Haven't been able to eat without getting sick. I have started a gluten free diet and am starting to feel a  little better. I had the blood test done for Celiac's and am unable to understand the results. Can someone please help me with this? Is these positive or negative results? My doctor was not able to explain. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20171201_164740307.jpg

22 minutes ago, Onesickchick said:

I have been very sick for over 2 months and have lost over 26 lbs. Haven't been able to eat without getting sick. I have started a gluten free diet and am starting to feel a  little better. I had the blood test done for Celiac's and am unable to understand the results. Can someone please help me with this? Is these positive or negative results? My doctor was not able to explain. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20171201_164740307.jpg

Looks like the test was negative.  Your result was less than two.  A four would have been a positive. However, if my doctor had given me this test, I would have failed.  Luckily, my GI ordered a complete celiac panel.  Learn more here:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/

The TTG test is good but it does not catch all celiacs.  Did you get the control test (Immunoglobulin A) which normally accompanies the TTG IgA test?  This IgA deficiency test will validate the result.  If you were Low in IgA, then any IgA test (like the TTG IgA) would not work.  Your doctor would need to run the other celiac tests (DGP and EMA).  Not to mention that some 10% of celiacs are seronegative.  You can see why the gold standard for diagnosing celiac disease is still biopsies obtained via endoscopy.  

See if you can get a GI referral.  He can rule out other things too.  Something is wrong, that is for sure.  Keep advocating and find out.  ?