LilyR

Underwood Deviled Ham spread

Rate this topic

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone here eats Underwood Devil Ham?  I saw some articles online that make it sound like it's gluten-free, but I emailed the company and this is what they said:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Underwood. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers who reach out to us with their comments and questions.We have not analyzed our Underwood products for gluten content and it is possible the ingredients in these products may have come into contact with gluten-containing products prior to manufacturing. Moreover, the product may be manufactured on the same lines as products that contain gluten."

So they don't claim to be gluten-free, but some people online seem to use it.  I was curious if anyone here ever eats it with success?  There is a dip we sometimes make at holidays using the deviled ham, so I was wondering if I dare try it or not. 

I will go dig out the recipe later and post it. I only have a few minutes online and then I'm heading to a dr's appt.  The dip has cream cheese, red and green peppers chopped up, stuff like that.  My family loves it.  My issue is about whether the deviled ham is gluten-free, and also finding gluten-free crackers.  Some gluten-free products like that bother me with corn or brown rice flour or other ingredients.  My stomach pain has gone away since no longer eating gluten, but I get bad bloat a lot still.  I was going to try the Blue Diamond crackers, but haven't checked their ingredients  yet.  I'm trying to figure out some holiday munchies with no gluten. It sounds like the ingredients in the deviled ham might not have gluten, but they might not be guarenteeing it as gluten-free, maybe possible cross contamination in factories?  I'd love to hear if anyone here eats it and is okay.  If you look up online if it's gluten free, some articles pop up by people saying they eat it.  I just would love personal feedback if possible.  I am not sure if I dare try it.