Fbmb

Triple Paste Diaper Rash Cream

Rate this topic

My kids are prone to diaper rashes and I have always used triple Paste cream on them because it works great. It contains oat kernel extract. Is this safe? They obviously won't be eating it and it's far from their mouths, but I don't know what the rules are with products on skin. Usually it's just rashy when I use it but occasionally it's more raw, so I want to make sure they can't get glutened from it. I doubt it, but thought I should ask. 

45 minutes ago, Fbmb said:

My kids are prone to diaper rashes and I have always used triple Paste cream on them because it works great. It contains oat kernel extract. Is this safe? They obviously won't be eating it and it's far from their mouths, but I don't know what the rules are with products on skin. Usually it's just rashy when I use it but occasionally it's more raw, so I want to make sure they can't get glutened from it. I doubt it, but thought I should ask. 

I doubt there is any gluten in  " oat kernel extract".  But the gluten has  to get to your small intestines to cause a Celiac reaction.  

iac rwactio

Just now, kareng said:

I doubt there is any gluten in  " oat kernel extract".  But the gluten has  to get to your small intestines to cause a Celiac reaction.  

iac rwactio

I just wasn't sure if it can be absorbed through cuts and broken skin, and enter the bloodstream. Their bottoms aren't cut and don't have deep wounds, but they get raw and rashy. That's why I was concerned, or at least curious. 

Doubt there is any issue but I also doubt they use gluten-free oats when making it lol. Umm perhaps just change product, Bag Balm in the green can is good for raw skin...heck I learned about it cause a old can of it was sitting in my parents medicine cabinet and I learned they had used it for my diaper rash as a baby.