Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

So, a little bit of background I suppose. I've been perusing this site for a long time now trying to find answers. I've been suffering from random extremely itching patches on my feet. Nausea in the morning (or throughout the day). Brain fog, forgetting things, muscle aches, joints constantly cracking and other intestinal issues. I also suffer from a mysterious short of breath symptom that comes and goes. It feels like I can't take a full breath in even though I'm getting enough oxygen. This has been tested and no one can figure out what is causing it.

I recently got the celiac panel done to see if I do indeed have it. However, I'm worried that my doctor does not know much about the disease. I'm hoping that someone can help me with my test results.

DEAMIDATED GLIADIN IGA 9.8 units 0.0 - 19.9 units
SPECIMEN APPEARS SLIGHTLY LIPEMIC.
Negative 0 - 19
Weak Positive 20 - 30
Moderate to Strong Positive >30
DEAMIDATED GLIADIN IGG 3.5 units 0.0 - 19.9 units
Negative 0 - 19
Weak Positive 20 - 30
Gliadin IgA 11.3 units 0.0 - 19.9 units
Negative 0 - 19
Weak Positive 20 - 30
Antigliadin IgG 159.9 units 0.0 - 19.9 units
Negative 0 - 19
Weak Positive 20 - 30
TISSUE TRANSGLUT.IGA 7.6 units 0.0 - 19.9 units
Negative 0 - 19
Weak Positive 20 - 30
TISSUE TRANSGLUT.IGG 1.9 units 0.0 - 19.9 units
Negative 0 - 19
Weak Positive 20 - 30
IGA IMMUNOGLOBULIN 280 mg/dL 87 - 352 mg/dL

So, as you can see, my IgG is sky high according to this test. Is this celiac? Or am I going to have to keep looking for an answer? Thank you so much for any help. I'm getting desperate after years of searching.

49 minutes ago, emichal00 said:

Hello everyone,

So, a little bit of background I suppose. I've been perusing this site for a long time now trying to find answers. I've been suffering from random extremely itching patches on my feet. Nausea in the morning (or throughout the day). Brain fog, forgetting things, muscle aches, joints constantly cracking and other intestinal issues. I also suffer from a mysterious short of breath symptom that comes and goes. It feels like I can't take a full breath in even though I'm getting enough oxygen. This has been tested and no one can figure out what is causing it.

I recently got the celiac panel done to see if I do indeed have it. However, I'm worried that my doctor does not know much about the disease. I'm hoping that someone can help me with my test results.

DEAMIDATED GLIADIN IGA 9.8 units 0.0 - 19.9 units
SPECIMEN APPEARS SLIGHTLY LIPEMIC.
Negative 0 - 19
Weak Positive 20 - 30
DEAMIDATED GLIADIN IGG 3.5 units 0.0 - 19.9 units
Negative 0 - 19
Weak Positive 20 - 30
Gliadin IgA 11.3 units 0.0 - 19.9 units
Negative 0 - 19
Weak Positive 20 - 30
Antigliadin IgG 159.9 units 0.0 - 19.9 units
Negative 0 - 19
Weak Positive 20 - 30
TISSUE TRANSGLUT.IGA 7.6 units 0.0 - 19.9 units
Negative 0 - 19
Weak Positive 20 - 30
TISSUE TRANSGLUT.IGG 1.9 units 0.0 - 19.9 units
Negative 0 - 19
Weak Positive 20 - 30
IGA IMMUNOGLOBULIN 280 mg/dL 87 - 352 mg/dL

So, as you can see, my IgG is sky high according to this test. Is this celiac? Or am I going to have to keep looking for an answer? Thank you so much for any help. I'm getting desperate after years of searching.

You have a positive!  You only need one on the panel to be positive.  For example, in my case, I was only positive on the DGP IgA and yet I had intestinal damage.  The only issue I see is that the Gliadin test is older and was replaced by the DGP.  Normally, the EMA might have been included in a full panel.  Still, the next step for you is a referral to a GI for an endoscopy.   That test is still the Gold standard for diagnosing celiac disease.  Keep eating gluten until you have a diagnosis as all tests need you to be on it.  

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/is-the-anti-gliadin-antibodies-aga-test-reliable-for-diagnosing-celiac-disease/

Edited by cyclinglady

9 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

You have a positive!  You only need one on the panel to be positive.  For example, in my case, I was only positive on the DGP IgA and yet I had intestinal damage.  The only issue I see is that the Gliadin test is older and was replaced by the DGP.  Normally, the EMA might have been included in a full panel.  Still, the next step for you is a referral to a GI for an endoscopy.   That test is still the Gold standard for diagnosing celiac disease.  Keep eating gluten until you have a diagnosis as all tests need you to be on it.  

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/is-the-anti-gliadin-antibodies-aga-test-reliable-for-diagnosing-celiac-disease/

Thank you so much for the reply! I'm worried because my doctor hasn't said anything to me about it yet. No explanation at all about what the test means.