Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

par18

Last Meal Before Dx

Does everyone remember their last gluten meal before diagnosis. Mine was a ham and cheese on a kaiser roll. 5 mins after eating the GI called with the good/bad news. 5/03/05.

Tom

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Not exactly sure but during that time I couldn't keep any food down so it was probably pedialyte and possibly a jar or baby food.

I wish I had eaten something wonderful like pizza or take-out chineese! ha

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

I had absolutely no knowledge of celiac disease and no idea that I was being tested for it (biopsy taken during a follow-up endoscopy for pancreatitis), so it's kind of funny that my "last meal" before diagnosis was a big pancake breakfast from Perkin's. :P I guess that was a good call on my part.

- Lauren

My last meal before starting the gluten free diet was homemade pizza. I will never ever forget that last meal.

Karen

Guest nini

mine was an avocado sandwich on sourdough bread at the Atlanta Bread Company! I went straight from there to the Dr.s office!

Mine was self diagnosed. I was sick all the time. My son had just been diagnosed with celiac. I had had a bagel from Panera. It made me sick the whole day. Nauseated, belching, bloating, yuck. THat was it. THen I decided I had to try gluten-free. Started feeling better in a week. Had borderline blood results after being gluten-free for 5 weeks. THat was enough for me. NOw if I get gluttened, I feel very sick.

Monica

I seriously don't remember!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

It was reccently actually:

My fiance took me to this resturant that is THE BEST resturant in NYC for -shoot, haha, I forgot what's it's called!- well, it was lamb, in this very thick, AMAZING gravy with this creamy rice all around it and delicious bone marrow (hahah sounds gross) mixed with the gravy......I had TONS of bread for an appetizer and a mozzarella cheese plate-the really gourmet, thick moz. cheese! MMMMMMMMMmm! Then for dessert, we got soft batch chocolate chip cookies and EGG NOG (I love that stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and put the cookies in the microwave so they were melted and soft and tasted like we just baked them from scratch!

:( I'm getting sad thinking about this meal! I can't have any of that anymore! Ever! I got so sick! I never want to be like that again! But that last hour was pure bliss!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reminding me! :angry:

Haha, j/k :D

Danielle (Dani)

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by Dr. Green (gene HLA DQ8) 1/05/06

Diagnosed: Gluten Sensitive through enterolab 11/17/05

Diagnosed: Casein Sensitive through enterolab 3/7/06

Diagnosed: Interstitial Cystitis (IC) 07/26/06

I finally put my picture on because it doesn't look like I'll be eating ANY cake on my Wedding day..........I'm the one in the middle.

Intolerant to: (besides gluten)

Casein

Peanuts (can handle very small amounts)

Any kind of additives or preservatives

My husband had a big bowl of cereal('weetabix'!)with milk,

Later in the eve he had one or two beers :blink:

Bowls of cereal are a distant memory now as he's lactose intolerant too !

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Before I started fasting for the biopsy, I had a very big pasta dish at a restaurant called East Side Mario's. That is the last gluten meal that I remember.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

My last meal was a week long so that my DH could really shine out. So the very last one was Zorba the Greek Pizza from BP.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

I knew that it was going to be my last hurrah, so I went out for mexican. I had a big carnitas burrito on a flour shell with everything. It was delicious.

Then my doctor called me with my lab results about an hour after I ate. But it was good.

Carolyn

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. "

- Hunter S. Thompson

can't remember THE last one..but the last few days before i had pasta, homemade soda bread, thai food out and a sam adam's oktoberfest i think.

~~~~~~~

Jen

Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005

dairy-free

Well, my last gluten meal was a bowl of muesli I ate in an attempt to start eating gluten again for blood tests. It made me so sick I went to have blood drawn the same day. Of course the results were negative. :( I can't say I miss muesli, lol.

Pauliina

After my last meal I ended up in the ER. I was already very sick but wasnt thinking about gluten because my bloodtests were negative. The meal was some kind of breaded fish sandwich with fries. I only ate half of it because I got too sick. :(

Too bad I had no idea it would be my last...if I had known I probably would have had pizza or a big Italian spaghetti dinner with meatballs and tons of bread.

Rachel

I left the hospital after my upper and lower scope, not suppose to eat until the drugs wore off, but insisted that we stop and get a sub from this sub shop (ebert & gerberts in La Crosse, WI) They have the best bread, makes subways taste like crap! I got a foot long turkey sub with tomatoes, lettuce, and extra mayo! Looking back, I could not have picked something I would have enjoyed more, I just wish I wasnt so doped up so I could remember it better! I did cheat once like a week after DX, with some pizza hut pizza, but I knew how sick it was going to make me so I didnt even enjoy it, I think I had like 2 bites before I chickened out, and then tried to make myself puke hopeing that would help. Ahh what fun....