cristiana

Upper Right Quadrant Pain - celiac?

Rate this topic

Hello again

Does anyone know whether my current elevated TTG status (in the 80s) would lead to burning pain.  It seems worse when I start eating, and also when I get hungry.  It is just under my right ribs, about an inch or two down from the sternum, almost along the ridge of where the ribs end.   It woke me last night, a couple of times.  

I've only just had an ultrasound on this area and nothing was noted.  Liver and gall bladder looked normal.

Could my iron supplement and a bean and lentil stew that caused painful wind (sorry!) have created an IBS like problem.   I've been lifting a lot and wonder if one can get a hernia there?

I'm at a loss and am waiting for the doctor's office to call before everyone shuts down at Christmas....

If anyone has had anything similar, I'd love to hear from you.

If the liver and gall bladder checked out then I would be looking at a stomach ulcer. The pain locus seems to high for IBS. I would inquiring about an upper GI endoscopy.

Also, when they investigated the gall bladder did they do a hida scan? Gall bladder problems can be difficult to run down. An ordinary ultrasound would only show stones but stones are not the only problem with gall bladders. Sometimes there is no blockage by a stone but there can be scar tissue or nerve damage that prevents the gall bladder from pumping out the bile. Hida scans are more definitive for those kinds of issues. 

45 minutes ago, trents said:

If the liver and gall bladder checked out then I would be looking at a stomach ulcer. The pain locus seems to high for IBS. I would inquiring about an upper GI endoscopy.

Also, when they investigated the gall bladder did they do a hida scan? Gall bladder problems can be difficult to run down. An ordinary ultrasound would only show stones but stones are not the only problem with gall bladders. Sometimes there is no blockage by a stone but there can be scar tissue or nerve damage that prevents the gall bladder from pumping out the bile. Hida scans are more definitive for those kinds of issues. 

Trents - G'day and thank you.  I've been on gastritis meds this summer but then the pain was to the left.  All this trouble started with glutening, iron supplements, a virus and aspirin (I know, stupid) in July plus a shedload of stress.  I have been 'out of kilter' since.   the doctors prescribed omeprazole, then ranitidine.  I came off these at the end of October, but was still left with left-sided discomfort. This new right sided pain is literally about 24 hours old.   

Oddly today I have a lot of bloating, a bit of reflux and keep burping so I think you maybe onto something with the ulcer - unless of course gall bladder issues cause this?  My liver function was good when tested a month ago, so I think the'yll probably narrow it down to an ulcer or gall bladder.

Thanks so much for the tip re: the Hida scan.  The endoscopy too.

I wish my poor overworked doctor was as accessible as you - not her fault, the NHS is a difficult field to work in at the moment. I hope to see the docs tomorrow.