Alibu

My endoscopy report

Rate this topic

While I'm waiting on my biopsy results, I thought I'd share my endoscopy report to see if anyone had anything to say about them.

My TTG was elevated at 11 (lab range was anything over 4=positive), but EMA negative.  No IGA deficiency.

Pictures included had following captions:

1)  Hiatal Hernia

2)  Normal mucosa in the whole examined duodenum

3)  Irregularity in the area at and just proximal to the squamo-columnar junction

4)  Diffuse rings in esophagus in the whole esophagus compatible with possible eosinophilic esophagitis

Findings from EGD procedure:

1)  Esophagus:  Irregularity of the mucosa was noted in the area at and just proximal to the squamo-columnar junction.  Biopsies were taken from the noted salmon mucosal tongue(s) to identify the possible presence of esophagitis, intestinal metaplasia or dysplasia.  Multiple cold forceps biopsies were performed for histology in the area at and just proximal to the squamo-columnar junction.  Diffuse rings in esophagus of the mucosa was noted in the whole esophagus.  These findings are compatible with possible Eosinophilic Esophagitis.  These findings were suggestive of eosinophilic esophagitis.  Multiple cold forceps biopsies were performed for histology in the lower third of the esophagus and middle third of the esophagus.  To evaluate for eosinophilic esophagitis.

2)  Stomach:  A small size hiatal hernia was seen.  Retroflexion view in the stomach confirmed the size and morphology of the hernia.  Normal mucosa was noted in the whole stomach.

3)  Duodenum:  Normal mucosa was noted in the whole examined duodenum.  Multiple cold forceps biopsies were performed for histology in the duodenal bulb and second part of the duodenum.  To evaluate for celiac.