Rate this topic

I am really suffering as I know many of you are I guess that I have been having problems for about a year now I am having explosive diarrhea two of which just occurred and I mean explosive in the worst possible places it was immediate with no sign that I was going to have a problem I am also nauseous frequently and I do have heartburn occasionally my niece has diagnosed celiacs my brother has Crohn's my mother has colitis I have other signs of celiacs but I just figured it was because I was so anxious and not able to eat anything for fear I would go to the bathroom does anybody else have the symptoms

1 hour ago, Julieboatwright said:

I am really suffering as I know many of you are I guess that I have been having problems for about a year now I am having explosive diarrhea two of which just occurred and I mean explosive in the worst possible places it was immediate with no sign that I was going to have a problem I am also nauseous frequently and I do have heartburn occasionally my niece has diagnosed celiacs my brother has Crohn's my mother has colitis I have other signs of celiacs but I just figured it was because I was so anxious and not able to eat anything for fear I would go to the bathroom does anybody else have the symptoms

I think you should see a GI doctor.  It could 

be Celiac,  colitis or Chrons or some of each.

Edited by kareng

9 hours ago, Julieboatwright said:

If your still eating gluten, you need to get tested for the disease, if not.....a gluten challenge is needed to get tested but I am assuming this would put you under too much stress with the D. Seeing a GI doc as mentioned above needs to be done regardless, more info is needed for more relevant information such as when you stopped eating gluten are you gluten-free, what your diet is etc.
For now I would look at keeping a food diary, write down everything you eat, how it is fixed, seasonings, sauces ,etc. Then write how you feel and reactions a through out the day and times. See if you notice a pattern and rotate you diet eating different foods. Try removing some common issues, dairy is a HUGE issue for most people with celiac due to damaged villi leading to lower to no production of the enzymes to break it down. Some other common ones are soy, night shades, spices, etc.

I actually slow down on eating the gluten the glass like feeling in my gut is gone and I actually can feel something in my intestines this is quite strange because for about six months now I have not had anything in my gut I also woke up today with swollen hands instead of being dehydrated I am 2 days off gluten I was a little frightened last night until I read your post because I had Lucky Charms thinking they were gluten free and within 20 minutes was in the bathroom the milk issue would explain this because I ate dry Lucky Charms later and did not go to the bathroom thank you very much for your post

On 12/27/2017 at 7:35 PM, kareng said:

I think you should see a GI doctor.  It could 

be Celiac,  colitis or Chrons or some of each.

I have been to a GI and I go for my first colonoscopy on the 19th of January but from what I have read a lot of people are not diagnosed it will be interesting to see what he finds in there at least I hope it's interesting

22 minutes ago, Julieboatwright said:

I have been to a GI and I go for my first colonoscopy on the 19th of January but from what I have read a lot of people are not diagnosed it will be interesting to see what he finds in there at least I hope it's interesting

You may want to insist that he do an endoscopy at the same time. Also if a full panel has not been drawn ask if you can pick up a lab slip so you can get the results at the time of the scopes.