Renaye

6 years into this journey

Rate this topic

I have been gluten, dairy and egg free since 2011.  I have been on plaquenil for possible sjogrens disease also.  I recently got tested for sjogrens with a new more accurate  test and tested negative so now I am trying life without plaquenil.   Recently I started researching dairy with low amounts of lactose to try to see if I can tolerate it.  Earlier attempts have failed.  I now can say that I am able to eat cheddar, butter,  Parmesan and swiss cheese in moderation.  I am going to try yogurt this week.  I can't understand why I can finally do this after all these years but I feel blessed.  It couldn't come at a better time in my life.  Just wanted to share and to encourage everyone to keep trying and believing.  It comes to those who wait and are patient.  

4 hours ago, Renaye said:

I have been gluten, dairy and egg free since 2011.  I have been on plaquenil for possible sjogrens disease also.  I recently got tested for sjogrens with a new more accurate  test and tested negative so now I am trying life without plaquenil.   Recently I started researching dairy with low amounts of lactose to try to see if I can tolerate it.  Earlier attempts have failed.  I now can say that I am able to eat cheddar, butter,  Parmesan and swiss cheese in moderation.  I am going to try yogurt this week.  I can't understand why I can finally do this after all these years but I feel blessed.  It couldn't come at a better time in my life.  Just wanted to share and to encourage everyone to keep trying and believing.  It comes to those who wait and are patient.  

Welcome to the forum, Renaye!  

I am glad that you got some dairy back into your diet.  It is so encouraging to hear a good outcome!  

Thank you Renaye. I am glad to hear your joyous news. I hope to one day get back some foods I / we lost in our home.

best wishes

If you are able to eat some mozzarella & caprese for me  the fresh basil, tomato, and mozzarella with olive oil -yum

Wonderful news Renaye!!!! I am so happy for you and thanks so much for posting this news. I know it will give a lot of people hope.

Ugg dairy...not even going to rationalize that. >.< 10+ years of latose intolerance here, whey allergy to top it off. >.< I brain washed myself with PETA videos, and anti dairy stuff. I firmly to this day put dog and cow milk on the same level.

>.<  I do eat cheese daily...vegan cheese.  I make cheese sauces...vegan, I have cheddar, parma, brie, blue, and mozzarella cheese non dairy extracts. I have cheese cake extracts....I live on nut and seed milks....and eat homemade icecream daily..... >.> all non dairy versions lol