Rate this topic

Welcome to the board. Celiac can be tough to deal with especially socially. Can you tell us more about what you are having difficulty with so we can try and help?  Feel free to ask any questions needed and do feel free to vent a bit. It is good that you have a freind with celiac but it is good to get input from others who have struggled and perhaps come out the other side.

I have a large food list I composed of various options including the standard, instant noodle options, pizza roll, hot pockets, breaded nuggets, instant burritoes, pizza, etc. Could just keep them in stock in your house, invite friends over and provide the snacks instead of eating out or at their house. Bars, and instant microwave meals make great options with visiting friends.

What are your exact concerns and we can see how to address them.....there are some benefits with friends...like amusement parks having to allow you to bring in your own food for medical reasons so you can save them money on outings. -_- I find myself having to host for others so I can have trusted food options....

Hey I’m around the same age! I get it and feel the same way. I was diagnosed only over a year ago and my celiacs very hard to deal with at social events. But what ever you do, don’t cheat the diet! The consequences will come back. I’m here to chat if anyone needs support

I get how you feel, I was diagnosed almost 5 years ago and still find challenges to overcome especially when traveling with my friends.  I get the feeling that sometimes it can seem to overshadow your life, but for me it has really shown me who some of my closest friends are as well.   My friends always find it funny and joke that I eat my way thru school classes, because I ALWAYS have ‘me proof’ snacks on me to eat so I’m never hungry when I’m away from home for longer than I thought, or can’t get food while we’re on the go!!