Rate this topic

Hi everybody from Croatia!

I need help with my test results.

I have done some blood test, but not biopsy. I have Hashimoto, allergies, asthma, high blood pressure...I got 15 kilos when my thyroid starts to make problems. 

Also I had very low all vitamins (B12, D, A...) and poor ferritin and iron (not below the reference values). I had constipations etc. I am now in much better conditions, raised levels of vitamins, no constipation, more energy etc. 

I do my blood test before about 6 years whan I was eating gluten regular. Now I am gluten free for 2,5 years. 

What do you mean about my blood test? Do I really need to do biopsy to know exactly do I have celiac disease??

EMA (IIF)                        negative titer     reference values < 1:20

tTg                                   result 2                reference values <20

immunoglobulin A        result 1,81           reference values 0,70 - 4,00

Genetics test in attachment.

Thank you very much in advanced! 

Bez naslova.jpg

4 minutes ago, upit said:

Hi, 

I took tests while I was normally eating a lot of gluten. 

Are these from 6 years ago?  Or now?  

You say you are eating gluten free now.  So a biopsy would not be positive if you had Celiac.  Blood test taken now would not be valid, either.

3 minutes ago, upit said:

Tests are from 6 years ago while I was full of gluten :) 

I am laughing at the idea of a person "full of gluten".  If you cut them, bread crumbs would fall out!  :D

4 minutes ago, kareng said:

The blood antibody tests were negative.  

I knooow, but what is the chance to have celiac disease with that results? I have fear of biopsy

2 minutes ago, kareng said:

I am laughing at the idea of a person "full of gluten".  If you cut them, bread crumbs would fall out!  :D

4 minutes ago, kareng said:

I only eat breads, rolls, pastas and croissants, literally.  :)

Just now, upit said:

I knooow, but what is the chance to have celiac disease with that results? I have fear of biopsy

I only eat breads, rolls, pastas and croissants, literally.  :)

You can't have a biopsy for Celiac disease because you have been eating gluten free for 2 years. The blood tests and biospy are only valid if you have been eating gluten.  A person who has Celiac disease would heal the damage in 2 years - there would be nothing to see in a biopsy.