Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In
AndyAmbiguous

Costco's Nature's Domain Dog Food NOT GLUTEN FREE

Rate this topic

After getting several episodes of lip swelling allergic reactions to my dog's licking my face I used an EZ Gluten elisa test strip on their "grain free" food. Test strip showed a high positive for gluten content. The food is actually Blue Diamond, and they produce both wheaty and "grain free" products on the same manufacturing equipment. 

I've been contacting company after company of grain free dog food manufacturers asking if they actually test for gluten and haven't found one yet. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've tested several different grain free, gluten free dog foods and treats using my Nima sensor (with water to soften the food) and have come to the conclusion that the only way to have gluten free is to use raw or freeze dried. So I just keep that in mind around my dogs.

It helps that I've never been a fan of my dogs licking my face. :)

I have an update! 

Turns out Canadian animal food labeling laws are very different than the USA. I've seen two Canadian dog food companies label their products gluten free and once I've ELISA tested them I'll give y'all an update. Maybe there's hope!