Ennis_TX

Intolerance Trigged by Cold?

Rate this topic

I have had rolling food intolerance issues and stuff crop up for years....but this time it was seemly triggered by a cold.  I got a cold this weekend standard fever, stuffy nose, coughing gunk up, head pressure, random dizzy spells etc. Anyway I was eating on my chia seed rotation before getting it just fine...but about halfway into my cold I started having vomiting issues after eating. I assumed this was the cold perhaps it was instead a flu. But I got over it now with just a bit of congestion and sore throat left BUT I noticed a pattern in my food diary and confirmed it yesterday...within 30-60mins of eating anything with chia seeds I am puking ....... it seems I got a new intolerance to them? I found this odd that it was seemly triggered by the cold. I guess it could have happened with the compromised system and fever. Has anyone else had a new food intolerance crop up after a cold?

My suspicion is dehydration caused by too much fiber. Combined with your cold, fever and perhaps any medications, loss of appetite and the high fiber content of the chia, slowing down the passage of the post nasal drip thereby giving it more time to irritate. I had a similar experience with Graviola during a phase of anorexia, when I would take it without food. By the way, Cold-Eze does work.

2 hours ago, Wheatwacked said:

My suspicion is dehydration caused by too much fiber. Combined with your cold, fever and perhaps any medications, loss of appetite and the high fiber content of the chia, slowing down the passage of the post nasal drip thereby giving it more time to irritate. I had a similar experience with Graviola during a phase of anorexia, when I would take it without food. By the way, Cold-Eze does work.

Well was trying it in smoothies, and puddings...but yeah  I can see it especially with the jelling effects causing some issues...will try again later. I changed over to pumpkin seeds higher in zinc today for my rotation.

PS I am allergic to corn..and any kind of sugar messes with me. SO most meds are off limits. I went with Immunity Tea from Republic of tea, Ester-C Capsules, Thayers slippery elm lazenges sugar free, and a zinc Supplement for my remedy. Oh and sugar free meds normally contain that asu what ever stuff......makes me go off the deep end mentally.