V123

Negative endoscopy

Rate this topic

My doctor called today to say the biopsy and endoscopy were normal. They want me to do laxatives for another month and come back in to see if symptoms are better. I really don’t think that’s going to help though. Any suggestions or tips?

That is good news!  No celiac disease!  

I would follow your doctor’s advice.  Consider adding in more veggies and fruit into your diet.  You can trial a gluten-free diet now that testing is over.  That might help.  

Did they rule anything else out?  I would encourage you to obtain all your lab results and medical records.  It is a very good thing to maintain!  

4 hours ago, V123 said:

My doctor called today to say the biopsy and endoscopy were normal. They want me to do laxatives for another month and come back in to see if symptoms are better. I really don’t think that’s going to help though. Any suggestions or tips?

When you're looking for answers the negative endoscopy may seem like bad news in a funny way, it did for me when the doctor told me, but really as CL said it's good. :) Keep working with your doctors. 

From what you've said before gluten could still be the problem.  Now you've eliminated celiac you can try removing it from your diet, but it's important that you do it safely. You don't want to cause a problem while trying to fix one. Most people get a lot of B vitamins in particular from gluten foods. So if you make a change to your diet do it with your mom, ideally involve your doctor or a dietician and keep a diary of your symptoms too, sometimes called a food journal.

You may still have found your answer, don't panic and don't lose heart.

Best of luck :)

Matt