Rate this topic

April 2013: Started feeling bad like a flip of a switch during the beginning of my 3rd pregnancy 

august 2015: negative biopsy and TtG blood test 

July 2017: negative TtG, IGA, EMA, etc 

October 2017: positive DGP (50)

november 2017: HLA DQ8 positive

do I have it or not?????

I've been gluten free since October and while my bathroom situation is better I am still extremely crampy  

Hi Sarah and welcome :)

1 hour ago, Sarah K. said:

do I have it or not?????

You had a positive test, were you not given an endoscopy appointment? That's the usual next step in diagnosis?

Did you discuss going gluten free with your doctor? 

3 hours ago, Sarah K. said:

April 2013: Started feeling bad like a flip of a switch during the beginning of my 3rd pregnancy 

august 2015: negative biopsy and TtG blood test 

July 2017: negative TtG, IGA, EMA, etc 

October 2017: positive DGP (50)

november 2017: HLA DQ8 positive

do I have it or not?????

I've been gluten free since October and while my bathroom situation is better I am still extremely crampy  

Which DGP was positive?  The IgA or IgG version?  What do you mean your IgA was negative?  This is usually an Immunoglobulin A test.  When used in conjunction with celiac disease testing, it acts as a control test.  Some celiacs are IgA deficient and therefore only IgG tests should be used.  How many biopsies were taken and where?  Do you have the GI and pathologist’s Reports?  The surface area of the small intestine is larger than a tennis court.  Easy to miss damaged areas.  Was the GI’s scope able to see intestinal villi?  Did you get photos?  Was H.Pylori ruled out?  Stomach issues?  

Celiac disease usually takes a year or longer to heal because of collateral damage, the difficulty in learning the gluten-free diet, avoiding cross contamination, etc.  Three months in is such a short time, though some heal that fast!  

What did your doctor advise?  

Edited by cyclinglady

46 minutes ago, Sarah K. said:

I had a negative endoscopy already. I wonder if they missed it?

Well, you have a positive test, so assuming you do have it, you are still in the early days of the diet, expect to continue to see improvements ffor anywhere from 6-12 months after you first exclude gluten.

i found the first couple of months quite ropey, good days and bad days. The general curve was up but it wasn't always plain sailing...

You may want to look at what your eating, many suffer with dairy for instance and feel better after they cut it out . its also easy to slip up on the diet or get cross contamination. Check the stickies newbie thread on this forum for some good tips that may help with that. :)