This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Peanut Butter Without Any Peanuts/nuts!

RiceGuy

RiceGuy Collaborator

I LOVE peanut butter, so I know it must be terrible to find you have to give it up. However, I just ran into this product - Peanut butter without the peanuts! Though I don't have any reaction to peanuts or nuts that I'm aware of (thank goodness!), I know many reading this do. If you try it please post your comments!

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient

HOw can it be PEANUTbutter with out PEANUTS? :huh:

Carriefaith Enthusiast

That's interesting, and it's gluten free!

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks Rice Guy--The cool thing about the guy in the video is that he says that 1 in 133 people are gluten intolerant.

KarenCM Rookie

I tried it and I am surprised to say that I actually like it.

Karen

kabowman Explorer

But with corn starch...I am concerned that I will develop a problem with cashews which I use for my peanut butter substitute (cashew butter). Too bad...this would have worked.

RiceGuy Collaborator
But with corn starch...I am concerned that I will develop a problem with cashews which I use for my peanut butter substitute (cashew butter). Too bad...this would have worked.

Since corn allergies are so common, I'd think they would use another starch, like arrowroot, or one of the many others. Perhaps writing to them will get their attention on this issue. It's a small company, so they'll probably listen like they did with the soy. Apparently the original product had soy, but they removed it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

depending on your location, and if you can handle seeds, you may be able to find sunflower butter. also a good pb sub.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I've also seen cashew butter.

tarnalberry Community Regular

yep, as well as almond butter and macadamia nut butter. I think I've seen hazlenut butter too (not nutella), but I don't remember where. unfortunately, nut allergic folks would want to avoid those, while they might be able to have the seed butter. (at least, that's my understanding.)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I have no trouble finding nut butters and I recently tried sunflower butter (Trader Joes). I eat Macadamia butter (sooo good), peanut butter, and almond butter. Next one to try is cashew butter. :)

Oh yeah...I also have sesame butter but I dont like it as much as the others. I think I have to aquire a taste for it.

pixiegirl Enthusiast

My daughter has life threatening allergies to peanuts and tree nuts and is trying gluten-free, so thanks for this info!

Susan

Merika Contributor

Interesting. I like the label - cute! :)

Recently, I've also been eating the following "nut" butters: cassava butter, white sweet potato butter, arrowroot butter and malanga butter. They're from www.specialfoods.com . I put them on the corresponding bread (cassava bread, etc....). Almost everything they make is gluten-free. :)

Merika

Archived