Rate this topic

Hi All. I have been suffering from tight and painful calves, hamstrings and thighs for over a year now. I have had many medical investigations and all revealed nothing wrong with me. So I read somewhere that similar symptoms can be a result of an intolerance to gluten. Is this true? Any input would be really appreciated. Thanks. Will. 

Yeah look up Magnesium Deficiency, it is common with celiac disease. Celiac disease damages the gut and causes nutrient absorption issues. The tight muscles and cramping legs is probably magnesium and perhaps b-vitamins. If you have constipation or do not have a BM at least once a day go with Natural Vitality Calm starting with 1/4 tsp a day and up it slowly to the full 2 tsp dose and a bit beyond til you have loose stools then dose back down a bit, this is referred to dosing to tolerance. If you have healthy Bowel Movements daily or if the Calm is to harsh get Doctors Best powdered magnesium and start with 1 level scoop daily and see how that treats you.

Now in regards to celiac there is a simple blood test to rule it out. You have to be eating gluten daily before getting the test done you can read up more here. http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/