Sarabeth1111

I am gluten free extremely sensitive and celiac

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,  please help me. I have recently became celiac and extreme gluten free. I have changed everything because of the misery of rashes and how horrible I have been feeling.  Read an article about using free and clear laundry detergent and I wasn't breaking out in bumps everywhere. However I cleaned my comforter using tide and have been up all night itching like crazy!! How do I deal with this if I ever want to travel??? ? Thanks for the help

1 hour ago, Sarabeth1111 said:

Hello everyone,  please help me. I have recently became celiac and extreme gluten free. I have changed everything because of the misery of rashes and how horrible I have been feeling.  Read an article about using free and clear laundry detergent and I wasn't breaking out in bumps everywhere. However I cleaned my comforter using tide and have been up all night itching like crazy!! How do I deal with this if I ever want to travel??? ? Thanks for the help

1 hour ago, Sarabeth1111 said:

While this is NOT a gluten/Celiac issue, it happens to my son ( who is not Celiac or gluten sensitive). When he travels, he sleeps in a long sleeve t shirt, sweat pants, socks and either brings a pillow case from home or puts a t shirt over the pillow.  Not every hotel or friends house have sheets that make him itch, but it is best to be prepared.  

Use a double rinse always on your wash cycle.   That and gentle detergent  (think Baby Dreft or one developed for allergies).    Use less than half of what the manufacturer recommends.  (It often is ploy to get you to use more detergent, in my opinion.)

Newer washers use less water.  Boo!  You might even need a third rinse on one of the water-saving machines.  You can test just throw in some clean towels without detergent and you can often the residue of soap bubbling up.  That extra rinse really helps!  

And Karen is right that is is not a celiac-related issue.  Many people have allergic-type reactions to detergents.  But I can imagine your reaction is worse when you are already struggling with DH.  

Edited by cyclinglady