Rate this topic

Hey all. So I have posted about my 9 year old a few times here. I took her off of gluten in October. Back in April 2017 she had a food allergy panel done. She only came up positive for cows milk and just barely. She just had the same panel done a couple weeks back, and came up positive on EVERYTHING and in low-moderate amounts. She had been telling me that eggs are making her feel sick lately and I already knew she had issues with dairy, but came up positive on wheat, corn, soy, peanut, egg white, and cows milk.

This same thing happened to me after I eliminated gluten. All of a sudden I had a million other food sensitivities. I have theories on why this is, but what do you all think? 

I have a theory that the body had some association of these foods being a problem while fighting the gluten if they were staples. You removed the gluten and now you body has these whole defense force on standby and overly active. They see anything suspicious and open fire guns blazing with a immune reaction. Just remove them for now and try them again in a few months and see if your body has removed them from the kill on sight list.

9 minutes ago, Ennis_TX said:

I have a theory that the body had some association of these foods being a problem while fighting the gluten if they were staples. You removed the gluten and now you body has these whole defense force on standby and overly active. They see anything suspicious and open fire guns blazing with a immune reaction. Just remove them for now and try them again in a few months and see if your body has removed them from the kill on sight list.

My theory is similar. For someone with undiagnosed celiac, I attribute gluten to being like a hurricane. It keeps your immune system constantly distracted and you can't see the damage it is causing. When the hurricane is taken away, your immune system realizes all the damage that has been done and it goes into overdrive. The other component is that celiac, especially long term undiagnosed celiac, damages your liver and pancreas and the ability to make adequate amounts of digestive enzymes. One of my biggest symptoms was constant unrelenting liver and spleen pain that went away after I went gluten free. I would not have realized this connection if my allergist did not draw my enzymes and they came back really, really low. So if your body is not digesting foods, and undigested food proteins make their way into your intestines and blood stream, you are going to have issues. I think my daughter would likely benefit from digestive enzymes, her panel came back negative for mold. I can't take digestive enzymes because i have  a mold allergy and my histamine reaction is severe. That said, I went a lot longer undiagnosed than she did. 

4 minutes ago, selectivefocus said:

I think my daughter would likely benefit from digestive enzymes, her panel came back negative for mold. I can't take digestive enzymes because i have  a mold allergy and my histamine reaction is severe. That said, I went a lot longer undiagnosed than she did. 

Jarrow Enzymes Plus....they are porcine enzymes no mold about it. Same stuff your get via RX for pancreatic enzyme deficiency.....stuff works wonders.

try rotating your diet every 3 days.  if you have trouble with histamines/allergies, (on top of celiac) it might help to not overload certain histamines.  i couldn't figure out why i would eat something and be fine one day, eat the exact same thing the next day and my body went:  nope.  so, it works for me and i was able to add in many foods i had eliminated.