kdp

Why are the symptoms still here?

Rate this topic

Hi. I'm new, excuse me if this is the wrong place to post this. But Ive been on an incredibly strict gluten free, dairy free, diet for 9 months for my celiac. Mostly just filtered rice and anything with a gluten free and label and no dairy. Some of my symptoms are gone, but there are many that are as prevelant as ever! Poor mental health, depression and concentration, memory, joint pain, muscle weakness, sudden acne breakouts, sleep troubles, low energy, which all make my schooling very difficult. It has gotten me very frustrated as I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong. I buy these very expensive supplements as told to by Dr. though I still feel broken from celiac, even after 9 months. What should be done? Again, getting very frustrated.

Edited by kdp

Welcome sorry you are still suffering. have they rerun your celiac panel to see if your antibodies have gone down? You mention eating 'anything with a gluten free label' you may want to go with more whole unprocessed foods until you are better healed. If you are consuming item with oats you should drop those items for a bit. Some celiacs don't tolerate oats. Do read the Newbie 101 thread at the top of the coping section. There is a lot to being gluten free over and above just the food. It only takes a tiny bit of cross contamination to activate those antibodies. Even kissing someone who eats or drinks gluten containing items can make us ill if they don't brush their teeth first.

Things can be up and down and some stuff takes longer to heal than other issues. I hope you are feeling better soon.

6 hours ago, kdp said:

Hi. I'm new, excuse me if this is the wrong place to post this. But Ive been on an incredibly strict gluten free, dairy free, diet for 9 months for my celiac. Mostly just filtered rice and anything with a gluten free and label and no dairy. Some of my symptoms are gone, but there are many that are as prevelant as ever! Poor mental health, depression and concentration, memory, joint pain, muscle weakness, sudden acne breakouts, sleep troubles, low energy, which all make my schooling very difficult. It has gotten me very frustrated as I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong. I buy these very expensive supplements as told to by Dr. though I still feel broken from celiac, even after 9 months. What should be done? Again, getting very frustrated.

Doesn't sound like a very balanced diet.  Rice and packaged foods?  Try some vegetables, fruit, meat.  

Get your antibodies re-tested.   Not sure you need these "supplements".  Maybe you should see an MD?  Some things may not be due to Celiac.   It is possible to have more than one problem.  

6 hours ago, kdp said:

Crumbs, residue, glutend cook ware, condiment jars, eating out, oats, all can be sources of CC....my other thoughts....are you eating meats, and plenty of greens? Many of the side effects of gluten with the depression concentration muscle weakness can be related to nutrient deficiencies associated with this disease. I would look at a full spectrum B-vitamin like Liquid Health Stress & Energy and Liquid Health Neurological Support I take 1 tbsp each 3 times a day. Also Magnesium is a HUGE issue, if you have the muscle weakness and cramping this is a sign. Bowel Habits can point at which version is best, constipation then Natural Vitality Calm dose 1/4 tsp at first then slowly up til loose stools then dose back down. If standard daily BM then look at Doctors Best Magnesium and just use 1 scoop and see how you feel. Vitamin D is another common issues and again Liquid Health has some in a dropper you can get.  PS what do your docs have you on you might drop it for a bit and see how you feel.
Please look over the 101 thread to see how your doing, also a whole foods only diet is best, keeping a food diary to see what your eating, change up your diet and record symptoms seeing what changes....the acne and joint issues show your reacting to something. Try removing soy, oats, meats, night shades on rotation for a week and see if any clear up as they are common ones in addition to gluten and dairy for these issues. https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/91878-newbie-info-101/