Rate this topic

I want to know if Lacido is good for celiac  I've been taking it now for about 5 weeks I kept feeling my stomach going worse but never giving a thought about the medication  can any one through any light on this laxative  thanks 

8 hours ago, JoB4 said:

I want to know if Lacido is good for celiac  I've been taking it now for about 5 weeks I kept feeling my stomach going worse but never giving a thought about the medication  can any one through any light on this laxative  thanks 

This drug has a number of side effects. The most common being

" The most commonly reported side-effects of Laxido Powder are diarrhea, abdominal pain, numbness or tingling in the skin, gas, feeling sick, and vomiting. "

Here is a link to the much longer list of possible side effects, some of which are serious.

https://www.tabletwise.com/uk/laxido-powder/side-effects

May I ask why your doctor feels you need to take this drug daily for so long? People can become dependant on laxitives.  If constipation is one of your celiac symptoms have you tried increasing your fiber intake and perhaps some probiotics either from tablets or from probiotic foods like yogurt or saurkraut? Do talk to your doctor about the side effects and see if this med should be discontinued. 

11 hours ago, JoB4 said:

Celiac constipation is a major side effect of Magnesium Deficiency, try a natural method of fixing it and drop the laxatives which are only going to compound you issues. GO with Natural Vitality Calm, it is a magnesium citrate, Start with 1/4 tsp a day slowly up the dose over a week to 2 tsp, you might need more like me or less. You dose til you get loose stools then dose back down a bit (dosing to tolerance).

What is your diet, adding in more fiber helps, I found nuts and seeds to be my savior for this and cocoa nibs. WHOLE pumpkin seeds can have tons of fiber and if you can not chew them, you can food process/blend them into a paste for use in baked goods or eggs over 10g of fiber a oz this way.

Psyllium husk can be used a few weeks at a time but make sure you get off it for a few weeks. The stuff is like a loofah for your intestines. I use it in baked goods for a binder agent.

PS I am against the whole fruit/fruit juice thing due to personally it causes intestinal inflamation for me. Different AI disease I have reacts to sugars.