Selina Sautner

Traveling to Belize

Rate this topic

Does anyone know of gluten free stores in Belize?  Maybe I could have items mailed to my hotel instead of hauling it across the world, and having it get squished in my suitcase.  I will bring a few items with me.  I do have a kitchen to prepare some of my meals while I'm there.   Any suggestions would help me out.   It will be my Honeymoon trip and I do not want to be sick on my fabulous vacation.   :-)

I spoke with someone today who just came back from there. You may want to contact the hotel you will be staying at, it you are staying on one, and ask about stores near by. You may not be able to find much in the way of gluten free baked goods but the hotel staff should know. She said a great deal of the food is rice based so a lot may be naturally gluten free.  Maybe bring crackers and bread with you and go with lots of fresh fruits and veggies and meats if you are cooking. Congradulations and have a wonderful time.