Rate this topic

Hey, I was born in 1969 and was fed Similac.  I’m trying to determine if it had gluten in it at all, but I am finding nothing about it.  Certainly, they did not know about not feeding gluten for the first 6 months then but I am wondering if that 1969/70 recipe inclulded any gluten ingredients.  It’s really hard to find that info online after searching.  I’m trying to find out what may have triggered the celiac just for my own knowledge.  I did also have mononucleosis and a very stressful parental divorce and I guess those things could have caused or contributed too.   Would love to hear from anyone who might have resources for the Similac recipe, though, even if it’s just leads to pursue.  Thanks, guys!

Hi Ellie, I don't know about the similac but the celiac was caused by your genes. What triggered the celiac could have been the stress of the divorce, the mono could have triggered it or a physical or emotional stress you may have forgotten about.  Consuming gluten doesn't cause celiac a severe stressor usually triggers it in those that have the genetic propensitiy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Forum Discussions

@anasss Nobody in this thread has called anyone "ignorant," so please don't say that if it did not happen. Also, the use of all capitals is, in forums and other places on the Internet, generally considered yelling and impolite, and there ...
    Bshake, Look up the "baking soda test" ...it is a nice home test to see if your daughter could have low stomach that is triggering the ulcers or creating the perfect conditions for ulcers to develop....mastic gum as has been mentioned...
    Perhaps you should start another thread in say the Leaky gut and food intolerance area? I am myself have Celiac and UC, and when I started eating meats again recently I found I felt better on Grass Fed Longhorn from a local farmer and other...