AmelsMarie

Celiac Roommate

Rate this topic

Hi!

i was diagnosed with Celiac about two years ago and have had a non gluten-free roommate. Up until recently it didn’t bother me as much having gluten in the house as long as I wasn’t ingesting it, but now I’m reacting to it. So I’m looking for a gluten free roommate in Atlanta! My aparement hasn’t been gluten free but I’m prepared to do all the cleaning and preparation to decontaminate!! Any suggestions on where else I could post?? 

Look for local groups on Facebook, I have a local celiac group, and a GenerationGF group here in my area. If you have a dedicated gluten free bakery etc. In town ask if you can put up a flier that your looking for a Gluten Free roommate with celiacs disease.

Other thoughts for CCed house, Freezer paper/butcher paper for prep surface and eating mat great for clean up, foil line your dishes, crock pot line your slow cooker, and if you have to get new pots and pans nordicware microwave cookware like omelette makers, rice cookers, steamers, grill plates with splatter cover can get you buy on the the cheap til you get new stuff. Also great for traveling. Wish you luck....and wish you were here in Texas....>.> I need a room mate but have many other restrictions.