LilyR

Carnation Evaporated Milk?

Rate this topic

Is anyone sure about if Carnation Evaporated Milk is gluten free?  I saw some websites and lists that mentioned just some Carnation being gluten free, like some of the light evaporated milks, etc.  but those lists did not include the plain, regular evaporated milk.  But then I saw a list that said that all carnation milks are gluten free.  I was just wondering if anyone uses it (the plain, regular one, not the light or extra creamy or other versions of it) and are okay with it? 

23 minutes ago, LilyR said:

Is anyone sure about if Carnation Evaporated Milk is gluten free?  I saw some websites and lists that mentioned just some Carnation being gluten free, like some of the light evaporated milks, etc.  but those lists did not include the plain, regular evaporated milk.  But then I saw a list that said that all carnation milks are gluten free.  I was just wondering if anyone uses it (the plain, regular one, not the light or extra creamy or other versions of it) and are okay with it? 

I have used it.  NO reason to think it isn't gluten-free.

I do not have a can handy.  What does the label say?  You always want to check the label on any packaged product  every single time.  If you want to know if I have consumed it and avoided a celiac flare-up, then the answer is a sound YES!   I use it in my no-bake lemon jello cheesecake from the 1960’s when Jello was all the rage.  

3 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

I do not have a can handy.  What does the label say?  You always want to check the label on any packaged product  every single time.  If you want to know if I have consumed it and avoided a celiac flare-up, then the answer is a sound YES!   I use it in my no-bake lemon jello cheesecake from the 1960’s when Jello was all the rage.  

That lemon jello recipe sounds good.  I was wondering about jello too, if they are gluten free. 

3 hours ago, kareng said:

I have used it.  NO reason to think it isn't gluten-free.

Thanks, good to know.  I just used some in pumpkin pie (no crust) and just wanted to make sure that was not what was bothering me. It seemed safe, but it's hard when sometimes you see varying lists online about a product. 

Yes, Jello is gluten-free.  But you are not feeling well and don't know why.  Like I suggested before - cut out all these multi ingredient foods.  there is no way to know what you are reacting to if you are eating 40 different ingredients in a day!  Maybe its milk, maybe pumpkin, maybe carrageen in the milk, maybe a spice , ....that is just the pie