Faelanwolf

New to Gluten Free need help!

Rate this topic

I am new here and rather new to a gluten free life. Found out I was severly intolerant to gluten about 8 months ago and it's been hell. Cutting out gluten was actually rather easy once I realized all the alternative options there are out there for foods I love. The issues I'm having are foods I have vetted and should be safe are setting me off. My stomach bloats to the point it feels like my ribs are  breaking and lasts for hours as gas moves, slowly, through my entire GI track. The pain is excruciating the entire time. I have tried everything, supplements, probiotics, gasx, prilosec, aloe juice, peppermint tea, ginger tea, hrat pads, even yoga!! Nothing seems to work. The worst part is it takes me out of any functionality as a human for days if not a week. This includes having to stay home from work and loss of sleep. What am I doing wrong? Please please help.

2 hours ago, Faelanwolf said:

I am new here and rather new to a gluten free life. Found out I was severly intolerant to gluten about 8 months ago and it's been hell. Cutting out gluten was actually rather easy once I realized all the alternative options there are out there for foods I love. The issues I'm having are foods I have vetted and should be safe are setting me off. My stomach bloats to the point it feels like my ribs are  breaking and lasts for hours as gas moves, slowly, through my entire GI track. The pain is excruciating the entire time. I have tried everything, supplements, probiotics, gasx, prilosec, aloe juice, peppermint tea, ginger tea, hrat pads, even yoga!! Nothing seems to work. The worst part is it takes me out of any functionality as a human for days if not a week. This includes having to stay home from work and loss of sleep. What am I doing wrong? Please please help.

Um this sounds like my run in with UC over the years, I kept a food diary and found that grains, carbs, fruit, large amounts of onion, garlic, or spices caused very painful bloat, distention, and bloody stools. I assumed it was bad gut bacteria for years and went low carb. I learned last year via colonoscopy that I had Ulcerative Colitis, and it would flare up to those foods (gluten, dairy, soy and peanuts also flare it up for others but I removed those for other reasons)

For now keep a food diary and try rotating to low carb diet, look up keto diet plans, drop dairy. Try it for awhile as this will be a 1 2 punch removing fermentable carbs in case you have SIBO Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth) or Candida. Sticking this diet and using stuff to regulate it like black walnuts, garlic, oregano will help kill off the bad stuff if you have it this will cause really bad die off at first but should resolve in a few week (look up cadida diet plans and foods also) And might try supplementing with CandidaFX (check amazon).

I might suggest getting tested for the above 3 things by a doctor and following up (Ulcerative Colitis, SIBO, Candida) , further question, were you tested for celiac? And if so have your gotten your antibodies rechecked to see if they are still raised?

2 hours ago, Faelanwolf said:

Were you diagnosed with Celiac?  If so, maybe a follow- up blood test would help?  You could see if your antibodies are going down.

It might be that you have some other good issues, too?  Like lactose intolerance or a FODMAPs issue or a physical problem.  

But, once you have eliminated all that, you will want to eat very simple, one ingredient foods.  Maybe try " the Fasano gluten elimination Diet" .