Rate this topic

Hi,

im just wondering how long you all waited for your results for endoscopy biopsy? I rang the lab today and apparently they have already been sent to my gp! That seems really quick to me!

Also what were your symptoms?

i went gluten free about 10 years ago. Was having stomach issues. Did every test but the endoscopy (I chickened out). Fast forward stomach issues returned. So return for a bunch of tests. Got diagnosed with Hashimotos. So Doc recommended confirming celiac. Gluten challenged. Omg that really sucked! Crippling pain, tired all the time. Toilet drama, I looked pregnant, so much so that people actually asked! So bloated!

Gong to Gp tomorrow...

On 2/18/2018 at 11:54 PM, MomoNoHanna said:

Hi,

im just wondering how long you all waited for your results for endoscopy biopsy? I rang the lab today and apparently they have already been sent to my gp! That seems really quick to me!

Also what were your symptoms?

i went gluten free about 10 years ago. Was having stomach issues. Did every test but the endoscopy (I chickened out). Fast forward stomach issues returned. So return for a bunch of tests. Got diagnosed with Hashimotos. So Doc recommended confirming celiac. Gluten challenged. Omg that really sucked! Crippling pain, tired all the time. Toilet drama, I looked pregnant, so much so that people actually asked! So bloated!

Gong to Gp tomorrow...

There  are over 200 symptoms that are attributed to celiac disease.  Some experience many of those symptoms and some NONE at all.  Factor in the fact that these symptoms overlap with many other illinesses and you can see why symptoms can not diagnose celiac disease.  Best to get tested for antibodies.  How long was your challenge?  Experts recommend 8 to 12 weeks for the blood tests and 2 to 4 weeks for the endoscopy.  

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/

You have Hashimoto’s, so celiac disease is possible.  Ten years of being gluten free should in theory mean a healed gut.    Maybe your current symptoms are related to Hashimoto’s or a new autoimmune issue.  That is what happened to me.  I am diagnosed with celiac disease, went on a gluten free diet.  I have a healed small intestine 5 years later as confirmed by a  recent endoscopy/biopsies.  I started having stomach issues and though I was  getting exposed to gluten.  Nope, my endoscopy results proved that theory was wrong.  The endoscopy did catch autoimmune gastritis.