Annieoh

Experience with Target brand corn chips, Simply Balanced?

Rate this topic

Hi, I've had a particularly bad week even though I have been careful. It's been frustrating trying to find things I'm ok with. My husband just brought home Simply Balanced tortilla chips because he thought they were the ones I trust which are actually O Organices Blue Corn chips with sesame seeds (yum!) I really want to eat these but I'm dubious even though they are Certified, I've still been hit with food that had the gluten-free certification. Anyone had them? 

2 hours ago, Annieoh said:

Hi, I've had a particularly bad week even though I have been careful. It's been frustrating trying to find things I'm ok with. My husband just brought home Simply Balanced tortilla chips because he thought they were the ones I trust which are actually O Organices Blue Corn chips with sesame seeds (yum!) I really want to eat these but I'm dubious even though they are Certified, I've still been hit with food that had the gluten-free certification. Anyone had them? 

I think that if you have been feeling bad all week, tortilla chips might not be the thing to eat?

1 hour ago, kareng said:

I think that if you have been feeling bad all week, tortilla chips might not be the thing to eat?

Corn doesn't bother me and tortilla chips are one of my "safe" foods, especially if I stick with my 2 most trusted brands. Since I'm especially leery right now I'd really like to know from anyone who's tried them if there was a reaction.

So having done a bit of research (learning to deal with this gluten intolerance is still new to me) I learned that I have to eat differently after getting glutened, doh! Makes perfect sense. So yes, Kareng, I'm now eating cleaner (including staying away from corn chips) for the next few weeks til I get back on track. I guess that's what you meant....

When I am glutened, I stick to mushy foods like unseasoned soups, stews and even mushy fruit (e.g. cooked apples).  Anything that is easy to digest.  Non-processed because I might have developed a temporary intolerance.  Boring, but effective.