Rate this topic

Hello! I am on week 3 of being gluten free and dairy free. I noticed I had a bit more energy. But other than that I haven't noticed any change in my keratosis pilaris, my main reason for changing my diet. For those of you who saw a change in your skin after going gluten-free, how long did it take?

Also- I've heard of other foods that can cause KP, but trying a diet that would eliminate all of those possible sensitivities and reintroducing them sounds tough. I'd have to forego gluten, dairy, nightshades, sugar, eggs, legumes, grains, corn, nuts, and high glycemic fruits. That's great and all, but what would I have left to eat? Broccoli and dirt??

http://theceliacmd.com/2016/02/gluten-and-keratosis-pilaris-chicken-skin/

"There are no studies indicating a direct correlation between gluten ingestion and keratosis pilaris. However, it can be caused by vitamin A deficiency or essential fatty acid deficiency, both of which can occur with impaired absorption. If you have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity you theoretically might suffer from keratosis pilaris flare-ups if you are consuming gluten and have ongoing inflammation or malabsorption."