• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

So I posted back in early February2017 about having some extreme brain fog, light headed, vision problems amongst other symptoms.  I thought it was because I had started a strict gluten-free diet again (after eating carelessly for a couple months and being a celiac) and was possibly have gluten withdrawals or even cross contamination some how in my diet.  I literally went to 3 different MD’s and even my Optometrist. And they all told me I needed to eat more and get better “quality” sleep.  After a year of strict sleeping/eating schedules the symptoms never went away and it felt like this constant drunk state of going about my day.  Finally I switched to a Holistic Doctor (I think that’s what type of Doctor he is).  Anyways after the first appointment he pretty much knew what I had and sent my home with two take home tests.  One for SIBO, the other for Adrenal Fatigue.  I tested positive for both with extremely solid results.  I always told myself I’d come back on this forum to share my info if I ever figured out what was wrong with me because no one seemed to know exactly what was going on and looked at me like I was some crazy lady making up stuff.  I am one week on the Rx. and already feel so much better.  My ability to communicate and focus in conversations is much better.  I literally felt buzzed when talking before and it took way too much effort to really even stay on topic with people.  And even if I did stay on topic I couldn’t remember hardly what was discussed.  As of right now my vision is still slightly off, even though my optometrist said I have perfect vision.  It’s more so like the room has a hard time catching up with itself when I redirect my focus. But my energy is up and I can only assume my results will keep getting better with each passing day.  I hope this helps someone who’s trying to figure out what’s going on with themselves.

Oh and also I’m 32 years old, healthy athletic female with no previous illnesses other than that I have celiacs disease.  This troubled me even more with my symptoms because I KNEW something was wrong but I just had these first few doctors treat me as if I was crazy.  Forgot to add that in