This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

I'm sick, tired, and confused

Vonney

Vonney Rookie

Hey, this is my first post. I got a celiac panel done a while ago, here are my results: 

Gliadin igA 12.0 standard range: 0.00-<7.0

Gliadin igG 0.8 standard range: 0.00-<7.0

TT igG AB <0.6 standard range: 0.00-<7.0

TT IGA AB 0.6 standard range: 0.00-<7.0

So everything is within range except the first one. I'm confused. My doctor said I likely don't have it due to everything else being fine, but why would I have such a high value? This was in December of 2017. Right after that since I was having lots of abdominal pain, I was ultrasound since my live was fine and everything was coming back fine. They found stones and said its my gall bladder. So I have that scheduled to remove... Well I started having worse symptoms after January of 2018.

Since July of 2017 I was having abdominal pain and really loose stools 5 times a day. Told I have IBS. Well from January 2018 - now I've had loss of appetite, migraines, low grade fever, abdominal pain, fluctuations between constipation and loose stools, fatigue even after getting lots of sleep, Nassau, and dizziness. I was anemic for years but as of early march I am now at 12.1 and the standard range is above 12.0. So while not super high, its there. 

I apologize for such a long message, but I'm so tired of this feeling. Tired of being told idk what's wrong. You probably just have IBS. I have an upper endoscopy and colonscopy scheduled for April 16. So while thats a little under a month, I am done waiting. They will biospy my stomach for h pylori, chrons, and celiac, but since my doctor said he doubt a I have celiac I'm scared the GI will fins nothing wrong with me and I'll be back at square one suffering while no one knows what's wrong with me. 

Today I told a friend I felt better then I've had in a while and she goes " do you think it was all in your head?"..... This is what I can't continue to face.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Welcome to the board. You only need one test to be positive to have celiac. In fact you can be negative on all blood tests and still have celiac! Your doctor seems to be unaware of this and should have had you get an endo after they had that positive test. Do be sure to keep eating a regular gluten diet until after your endo. Also make sure they are taking the biopsies of the small intestine they need to take for celaic. They should take at least 6. Keep in mind that damage can be patchy and missed. After all celiac related testing is done get onto the diet strictly. Go with whole foods for a bit. Limit dairy and don't try gluten free oats until you are well healed.  The gluten free lifestyle can take some getting used to and we are here to help in any way we can. Be sure to read the Newbie 101 thread as it will have a lot of info to keep you safe.  Enjoy your favorite gluten foods over the next couple weeks. Have some puff pastry for me. It is the only thing I haven't found a gluten free replacement for but most other stuff like pizza, artisan breads, cakes and cookies etc have good replacements to try after you have healed a bit.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel but it can take a bit of time to heal. Be patient with your body and I hope your constant pain and D resolve quickly.

cyclinglady Grand Master

I think Ravenwoodglass meant a GI and not an Endocrinologist! But her advice is spot on.  It is critical for you to keep consuming gluten until that endoscopy! 

Now your blood tests.  Yes, you have a positive!  It only takes one positive.  Why so many celiac tests?  Because they are not perfect.  If they just offered one type, they might miss some celiacs (researchers found this out at the expense of a few celiacs.). How do I know?  Like you, I only had or have ever had a positive on the Gliadin IgA (DGP IGA), yet my biopsies revealed patches of moderate to severe damage.  I also had anemia at the time of my diagnosis.  I also had my gallbladder removed, not for stones, but it was non-functioning and infected.  I would probably have been able to keep and heal my gallbladder if I had known I had celiac disease and treated my body by eliminating ating gluten.    But that is my non-medical theory!  

Keep eating gluten.  Talk to the GI about Celiac disease and how it can affect the gallbladder.  You might consider postponing that surgery to see if a gluten free diet will heal it too.  Celiac disease is systemic and goes beyond the small intestine.  

Research.  Learn all that you can about celiac disease.  It is NOT in your head!

Vonney Rookie
6 hours ago, ravenwoodglass said:

Welcome to the board. You only need one test to be positive to have celiac. In fact you can be negative on all blood tests and still have celiac! Your doctor seems to be unaware of this and should have had you get an endo after they had that positive test. Do be sure to keep eating a regular gluten diet until after your endo. Also make sure they are taking the biopsies of the small intestine they need to take for celaic. They should take at least 6. Keep in mind that damage can be patchy and missed. After all celiac related testing is done get onto the diet strictly. Go with whole foods for a bit. Limit dairy and don't try gluten free oats until you are well healed.  The gluten free lifestyle can take some getting used to and we are here to help in any way we can. Be sure to read the Newbie 101 thread as it will have a lot of info to keep you safe.  Enjoy your favorite gluten foods over the next couple weeks. Have some puff pastry for me. It is the only thing I haven't found a gluten free replacement for but most other stuff like pizza, artisan breads, cakes and cookies etc have good replacements to try after you have healed a bit.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel but it can take a bit of time to heal. Be patient with your body and I hope your constant pain and D resolve quickly.

1 hour ago, cyclinglady said:

I think Ravenwoodglass meant a GI and not an Endocrinologist! But her advice is spot on.  It is critical for you to keep consuming gluten until that endoscopy! 

Now your blood tests.  Yes, you have a positive!  It only takes one positive.  Why so many celiac tests?  Because they are not perfect.  If they just offered one type, they might miss some celiacs (researchers found this out at the expense of a few celiacs.). How do I know?  Like you, I only had or have ever had a positive on the Gliadin IgA (DGP IGA), yet my biopsies revealed patches of moderate to severe damage.  I also had anemia at the time of my diagnosis.  I also had my gallbladder removed, not for stones, but it was non-functioning and infected.  I would probably have been able to keep and heal my gallbladder if I had known I had celiac disease and treated my body by eliminating ating gluten.    But that is my non-medical theory!  

Keep eating gluten.  Talk to the GI about Celiac disease and how it can affect the gallbladder.  You might consider postponing that surgery to see if a gluten free diet will heal it too.  Celiac disease is systemic and goes beyond the small intestine.  

Research.  Learn all that you can about celiac disease.  It is NOT in your head!

This has been the best responses I have ever received so far. I appreciate this very much. I am 19, and in college currently. Which this has put a toll on my school work, and I'd really like this to be solved so I can improve my grades, especially next year as I'll be a junior. 

I was not aware that any positive is a positive, so I'm confused as to why my doctor disregarded the results. Anyway, if you want, I can come back to this thread and let you both know my results from my upper endoscopy and colonoscopy.

T-minus 20 days. 

ravenwoodglass Mentor
3 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

I meant the doctor should have done an endoscopy not that she should be referred to an Endocrinologist. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

OP Yes do let us know how things go with the endoscopy. You can start the diet the day it is done you don't have to wait for the results since they have already done blood tests. You may find you have some relief before you even get the results.

Posterboy Mentor
17 hours ago, Vonney said:

fatigue even after getting lots of sleep

Vonney,

This can be a sign of low Magnesium.  WE need magnesium to make energy.

Magnesium Citrate or Magnesium Glycinate are the best forms to take it in.

3/day works well (with each meal) for most people.

Iron deficient anemic people often have low energy levels as well.

see this link on Iron deficiency anemia.

Open Original Shared Link

here is a good thread on IDA.

I hope this is helpful.

Posteboy by the grace of God,

cyclinglady Grand Master
2 hours ago, ravenwoodglass said:

I meant the doctor should have done an endoscopy not that she should be referred to an Endocrinologist. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

OP Yes do let us know how things go with the endoscopy. You can start the diet the day it is done you don't have to wait for the results since they have already done blood tests. You may find you have some relief before you even get the results.

I thought that was weird!  My bad.  Geeze Louise.  I should have read your posting better.  ?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Posterboy Mentor
13 hours ago, ravenwoodglass said:

You only need one test to be positive to have celiac.

Vonney,

I knew I was forgetting something.

Here is huffpost article confirming ravenwoodglasses' point.

quoting dr. hyman.

he says in "In light of the new research on the dangers of gluten sensitivity without full blown celiac disease"

"Many doctors (often my words) consider elevated anti-gliadin antibodies in the absence of a positive intestinal biopsy showing damage to be “false positives.” That means the test looks positive but really isn’t significant."

"We can no longer say that (He says). Positive is positive and, as with all illness, there is a continuum of disease, from mild gluten sensitivity to full-blown celiac disease."

and I wish more doctor's knew that. . . it sure would make getting a celiac diagnosis easier.

Again I hope this is helpful.

posterboy,

Vonney Rookie
On 3/27/2018 at 4:55 PM, Posterboy said:

Vonney,

This can be a sign of low Magnesium.  WE need magnesium to make energy.

Magnesium Citrate or Magnesium Glycinate are the best forms to take it in.

3/day works well (with each meal) for most people.

Iron deficient anemic people often have low energy levels as well.

see this link on Iron deficiency anemia.

here is a good thread on IDA.

I hope this is helpful.

Posteboy by the grace of God,

Are there any other signs I'm lacking magnesium?

Posterboy Mentor
39 minutes ago, Vonney said:

Are there any other signs I'm lacking magnesium?

Vonney,

There are a lot!

We are said to waste away when we when we don't have enough magnesium.

the most exhaustive article I have read on it is this article by the britsh medical journal entitled Subclinical magnesium deficiency: a principal driver of cardiovascular disease and a public health crisis

probably the chronic fatigue is the one might most associate with it . . but in very severe forms it can cause horrible leg cramps.

I used to have nightly spasms that got better after taking Magnesium Citrate.

After a few years on Mangeisum Citrate . .. I recently began taking Magnesium Glycinate and a racing heart/ atrial fibrillation that had plagued me for years got better.

Most literature on it says to take Magensium Taurate for arrythmias but I am in love with magnesium Glycinate at the moment.

see this article entitled Complementary vascular-protective actions of magnesium and taurine: a rationale for magnesium taurate.

And I talked about  how Magnesium has been used to treat tinnitus in patients in this thread.

but it is kind of long and you might want to skip it and read it latter.

But here is the tinnitus talk link on the research that attributes ringing in the ears to a subclinical level of Magnesium because our electrolyte homeostatis (balance) gets' out of wack without enough Magnesim to keep our other electrlolytes in balance.

Dr. Carolyn Dean wrote the reference work on it 'The Magnesium Miracle" but you don't need to know any of that to benefit from taking Magnesium.

Just find a good bioavailable form and divide your doses by taking it with each meal.

Magnesium Citrate 3/day and/or Magnesium Glycinate (if you can afford it) is the non-flushing less harsh on the stomach form.. .. but as  I mentioned above Magnesium Citrate works well for energy, cramps, and fatigue unless you have Afib.

Magnesium usually when you begin it will cause vivid dreams in the first couple weeks.  It is a sign of good magnesium absorption and you have reached a restful dreaming state.

You might actually find yourself waking up rested and refreshed and probably before the alarm goes off for a change.

If you are sleeping 10 hours a day . . . expect only 8 hours to now be needed to make it through the day!

It is dramatic the effect in the quality of one's sleep it makes! because you now have the energy to make it through the day without taking multiple naps.

We can't make energy with out Magnesium.

As chlorophyll is to the plant (is the way I think of it) magnesium is to the animal.  And we all know the green color of plants comes from chlorophyll and it is needed by the plant to make energy from sunlight.

So too WE  need Magnesium to make energy in Humans/People.

Again I hope this is helpful.

2 Tim 2:7 “Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things” this included.

Posterboy by the grace of God,

cyclinglady Grand Master

@Vonney

Not all celiacs are deficient in vitamins and minerals.    Some celiacs struggle with other autoimmune disorders adding to their deficiencies.   I had iron deficiency anemia (low ferritin and hemoglobin) which resolved within three or four months on the gluten free diet and some daily iron supplementation.    My doctor checked me for other deficiencies and I had none.  Look for good food sources and talk to your doctor.  You may not need to supplement at all.  I do not.  

Supplements are processed.  Like all processed food, make sure they are gluten free.  There is no magic cure for celiac disease.  Just time and a healthy gluten free diet. 

Vonney Rookie

Thank you very much. I feel very hopeful for the future, and pray as bad as this may sound that I do just end up having celiac so I can feel better. I don' want to get this upper endoscopy and be told there  nothing wrong. I legitimatly think I'll go crazy. 

GFinDC Veteran

Hi Vonney,

Your doctor may not be up on all the latest celiac information.  There's a reason most celiacs in the USA are not diagnosed.  They used to say 90% are un-diagnosed but I think it's down to 85% un-diagnosed now.  It is not a bad idea to do a search for a celiac support group or club in your area.  Local people with celiac can more likely tell you about a good local doctor to use.

My endoscopy was combined with a colonoscopy at the same time.  It was a simple thing for me,  count backwards a little bit and then wake up and it's all done.

You've got some good advice.  Keep eating gluten until all the testing is done.  Then regardless of the endoscopy results give the gluten-free diet a good 2 or 3 month trial.  The endoscopy can only reach the first 5 or so feet of the small intestine so you are not getting the whole picture with it.  So try the diet and see how your body reacts.  Total healing can take 18 months or more.  But you'll probably notice changes within a couple weeks.

cyclinglady Grand Master

Off subject, but what is your major and how did you decide that major?  I have a junior in high school.  

Posterboy Mentor

Vonney,

As cyclylinglady said we are all different.

Some on this board supplement others don't.

I was just trying to share what helped me with my fatigue, energy levels and cramps.

***** this in not medical advice but Magnesium is a recommended as an "appropriate nutrient supplementation in celiac diease".

see this link about a study on this topic.

here is link  to the National Institutes of Healthy fact page on Magnesium if you want to study this more.

they do note celiac patients as being at more risk of being low in Magnesium.

quoting

Groups at Risk of Magnesium Inadequacy

"Magnesium inadequacy can occur when intakes fall below the RDA but are above the amount required to prevent overt deficiency. The following groups are more likely than others to be at risk of magnesium inadequacy because they typically consume insufficient amounts or they have medical conditions (or take medications) that reduce magnesium absorption from the gut or increase losses from the body.

People with gastrointestinal diseases

The chronic diarrhea and fat malabsorption resulting from Crohn’s disease, gluten-sensitive enteropathy (celiac disease), and regional enteritis can lead to magnesium depletion over time [Open Original Shared Link]."

As to other signs of a Magnesium deficiency here is some the NIH list for a Magnesium deficiency.

quoting again

"Early signs of magnesium deficiency include loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, and weakness. As magnesium deficiency worsens, numbness, tingling, muscle contractions and cramps, seizures, personality changes, abnormal heart rhythms, and coronary spasms can occur [Open Original Shared Link,Open Original Shared Link]. Severe magnesium deficiency can result in hypocalcemia or hypokalemia (low serum calcium or potassium levels, respectively) because mineral homeostasis is disrupted [Open Original Shared Link]."

so in theory magnesium supplementation as Magnesium Citrate or Magnesium Glycinate should help your fatigue symptoms if it is not related to low iron levels.

I took it for my chronic fatigue and muscle cramps which got better with/on supplementation.

taking a b-complex might help too if you are low in b-12.

see this article on celiac.com about how B-Vitamin supplementation can help celiac's.

As always this is not medical advice only my personal experience with taking Magnesium.

But I do  know Ennis_Tx on this board often talks about  how Magnesium helps him.

This will  not treat your celiac disease as cyclyinglady noted but it can help with the associated vitamins and minerals you become low and why supplementation if your fatigue is related to being low in Magnesium and  how it helps some celiac's.

I will caution you to not get  a Magnesium Oxide because it is not well absorbed.

I was only trying to share the best way to take magnesium (with each meal) and what forms are best available to the body. . . Citrate and Glycinate.

watch this house md episode on celiac and how secondary deficiency can develop in patients who have villious atrophy.

the part about impaired absorption begins about the 34m:30s mark.

I hope you feel better and the magnesium helps you with your fatigue and energy levels the way it did me/mine.

2 Timothy 2: 7 “Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things” this included.

**** This is not medical advice and should not be considered such. Results may vary. Always consult your doctor before making any changes to your regimen.

Vonney Rookie
On 3/29/2018 at 9:05 AM, cyclinglady said:

Off subject, but what is your major and how did you decide that major?  I have a junior in high school.  

That's totally fine. I enjoy speaking to all of you. I am majoring in Biology, emphasis on biomedical. So pre-med. I decides that major before even attending because I want to be an OB/GYN but I didn' take a whole lot of major classes until this school year tho. My freshmen year I kept it open to most of my generals but added classes I was also interested in so art or sociology to see if I wanted to pick up a minor or double major. I did take spanish for the first two semesters as well. 

What is your junior thinking? 

Vonney Rookie
On 3/27/2018 at 5:37 AM, ravenwoodglass said:

Hey, is it possible to have moments where you feel great? Like usually I feel extremely terrible but this whole week if been good. No migraines, not dizzy, not fatigued. Like almost as if my symptoms have vanished 

ravenwoodglass Mentor
6 hours ago, Vonney said:

Hey, is it possible to have moments where you feel great? Like usually I feel extremely terrible but this whole week if been good. No migraines, not dizzy, not fatigued. Like almost as if my symptoms have vanished 

Yes, at least in my case. For many years my symptoms would come and go before they became a daily and nightly misery.

Just a quick off topic on your junior. Many go into college without a clear idea of what they want their life's work to be. Even those who are convinced they want to follow one route will often change paths once they get into college.  Our family saw that in not just my kids but also in myself. One wanted to work in womens health and ended up doing cancer research and the other went from car mechanic to engineering. Tell your young adult not to stress too much about it and don't let yourself get stressed either. They will find the right path when the time comes.

• 3 weeks later...
Vonney Rookie

Ok everyone. I got my lab results back from my upper endoscopy and colonoscopy and they said its gastritis. GASTRITIS? if all of this is due to needed tums, I will be mad. I don't Know what to do. I have a follow up appointment on may 10th. So, ill update when I come back.

Anyone get this diagnosis? I guess if it says no celiac then I for sure dont have it?

cyclinglady Grand Master

Did you get a report from the GI based on his visual or did you get the pathologist’s report?  

There are many types of gastritis.  For example, acute gastritis might be due to food poisoning or a virus (think cruise ships).  Chronic gastritis could be attributed to the H. Pylori bacteria or be autoimmune.  You need to find out what type of gastritis you have based on the pathologist’s report.  

I received a diagnosis of Chronic Autoimmune Gastritis earlier this year.  My small intestine has healed from celiac disease, so my gastritis is a separate issue.  Let’s hope you have a treatable version.  

Posterboy Mentor
1 hour ago, Vonney said:

I got my lab results back from my upper endoscopy and colonoscopy and they said its gastritis. GASTRITIS?

Vonney,

If it is Gastritis try taking some BetaineHCL (powdered stomach acid) if it improves digestion then you are low in it and because the test for low stomach acid is invasive in nature (tube down nose) most people don't feel unwell enough to do it.

But there is a unscientific test for it called the baking soda test that you can try at home.

a self test is to take betaineHCL (3 or 4 capsules) with 8 ounces of water for each capsule to see if you get a  warm feeling in your stomach.

treating my low stomach acid greatly improved my digestion.

here my story with having low stomach acid and my celiac diagnosis.

I hope it helps. . .if you are not now taking a PPIs then taking BetaineHCL works for many people to treat their gastritis.

here is a research case study article about it.

see also their figure 1 for timeline.

referenced here for easy access to the timeline (without having to read the whole/full paper).

after 6 months of treatment for low stomach acid using betainHCL and other nutritional interventions their gastritis got better.

I hope this is helpful.

Remember **** This is not medical advice and should not be considered such. Results may vary. Always consult your doctor before making any changes to your regimen.

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

Posterboy Mentor
5 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

Did you get a report from the GI based on his visual or did you get the pathologist’s report?  

There are many types of gastritis.  For example, acute gastritis might be due to food poisoning or a virus (think cruise ships).  Chronic gastritis could be attributed to the H. Pylori bacteria or be autoimmune.  You need to find out what type of gastritis you have based on the pathologist’s report.  

I received a diagnosis of Chronic Autoimmune Gastritis earlier this year.  My small intestine has healed from celiac disease, so my gastritis is a separate issue.  Let’s hope you have a treatable version.  

Vonney,

To follow up on cyclylinglady's point.  It is a good one.

I didn't want to overload you with too much information in one posts (which I can sometimes do because I am trying to help) and didn't see her response till I posted mine.

Here is a study about the sub-types of gastritis in/with Celiac disease (and maybe NCGS which might be what you have) if they are saying gastritis is your problem.

entitled "Subtypes of chronic gastritis in patients with celiac disease before and after gluten-free diet"

I hope this is helpful.  Read the abstract summary at the top of the study if you don't have time to read the full paper.

Also I wanted to share this article/link on Nerve Pain associated with a celiac diagnosis possible even in NCGS patients because I wanted to quote something they said that makes sense to me.  I hope it is helpful.

quoting

“As research into gluten intolerance has progressed, more and more researchers have come to regard it as “a spectrum of disease as opposed to one easily defined disease," said neurologist Sami Saba, who was not involved in the new study. While just 1 percent of Americans have celiac disease, many more could conceivably have gluten sensitivity, which is “marked by immune-system antibodies to gluten in blood tests, or symptoms of gluten sensitivity even in the absence of antibodies,” Saba said.

Which makes sense to me.  It is a "spectrum of disease" and that can be hard to easily define sometimes.

We are all different.  Try the gastritis angle if that is the direction your doctor thinks you should take.

Taking some BetaineHCL really can help if your stomach acid is low and being misdiagnosed as gastritis. . . especially if you are not now taking PPIs.

Again I hope this is helpful and this is ***** definitely not medical advice just things that helped me in my journey.

Good luck on your continued journey.

2 Corinthians (KJV) 1:3,4  3) “Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4) who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.”

Vonney Rookie
On 3/29/2018 at 9:05 AM, cyclinglady said:

That's totally fine. I enjoy speaking to all of you. I am majoring in Biology, emphasis on biomedical. So pre-med. I decides that major before even attending because I want to be an OB/GYN but I didn' take a whole lot of major classes until this school year tho. My freshmen year I kept it open to most of my generals but added classes I was also interested in so art or sociology to see if I wanted to pick up a minor or double major. I did take spanish for the first two semesters as well. 

What is your junior thinking? 

1 hour ago, Posterboy said:

Vonney,

To follow up on cyclylinglady's point.  It is a good one.

I didn't want to overload you with too much information in one posts (which I can sometimes do because I am trying to help) and didn't see her response till I posted mine.

Here is a study about the sub-types of gastritis in/with Celiac disease (and maybe NCGS which might be what you have) if they are saying gastritis is your problem.

entitled "Subtypes of chronic gastritis in patients with celiac disease before and after gluten-free diet"

I hope this is helpful.  Read the abstract summary at the top of the study if you don't have time to read the full paper.

Also I wanted to share this article/link on Nerve Pain associated with a celiac diagnosis possible even in NCGS patients because I wanted to quote something they said that makes sense to me.  I hope it is helpful.

quoting

“As research into gluten intolerance has progressed, more and more researchers have come to regard it as “a spectrum of disease as opposed to one easily defined disease," said neurologist Sami Saba, who was not involved in the new study. While just 1 percent of Americans have celiac disease, many more could conceivably have gluten sensitivity, which is “marked by immune-system antibodies to gluten in blood tests, or symptoms of gluten sensitivity even in the absence of antibodies,” Saba said.

Which makes sense to me.  It is a "spectrum of disease" and that can be hard to easily define sometimes.

We are all different.  Try the gastritis angle if that is the direction your doctor thinks you should take.

Taking some BetaineHCL really can help if your stomach acid is low and being misdiagnosed as gastritis. . . especially if you are not now taking PPIs.

Again I hope this is helpful and this is ***** definitely not medical advice just things that helped me in my journey.

Good luck on your continued journey.

2 Corinthians (KJV) 1:3,4  3) “Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4) who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.”

Yes, so I apologize, I didn't specify. 

Said normal small bowel, and negative for H. Pylori. Said was viewed by pathologist. And said my tissue showed norma, so no cancer or celiac sprue. That my large colon also looks well. 

Idk tho. Gastritis? Like all of this pain for a stomach acid problem?

I still have to get my gallbladder removed as well. So maybe that will help. Idk. 

cyclinglady Grand Master

If you have stones in your gallbladder, they can prevent the bile from being released into your small intestine making it really hard to digest your food, especially fatty foods.  If celiac disease and Crohn’s has been ruled out, be thankful.  Perhaps,  look towards getting that gallbladder removed.  I wish I could have kept my gallbladder (0% non-functioning no stones), but I  would have died eventually as it was infected.   Non-functioning (not releasing bile) gallbladder’s run in my family.  We call it a curse.  Anyone with a gut issue and older family members wisely blame the gallbladder!  

Do not discount the gastritis.  Was it considered chronic?  If H.Plyori is not the culprit, find out what is causing it.  You will then be able to figure out (with your doctor) how to treat it properly.  

Posterboy Mentor

Vonney,

You do have many of the symptom's of a gall bladder problem.

You can research these tips/homeremdies yourselves but their are many home remedies to move a gall stone.

Lemon Juice and some combination of juicing (other juices like Apple etc) is common.

but it helped me to understand digestion is a  north south process.

Having low stomach acid can stress your gall bladder because the pH is not strong enough to activate your food enzymes helping your digest your fats properly.

Body wisdom has a good over view of this process we call digestion.

quoting

"Then the pancreas secretes enzymes to further break things down, and the gall bladder secretes bile to emulsify the fats so they will be the proper size to be absorbed. At this point the food is almost totally digested and is ready to be absorbed."

Be prepared to have issues with fat's and food enzymes if you do have your gall bladder removed.

But if you have gastritis (already) it makes sense to me that the gall bladder (downstream of the stomach) would also be stressed (too much maybe).

Here is a nice thread on how low stomach acid (Not high stomach acid) as you soo often hear can be the cause of heartburn.  though that can happen too.

But taking BetaineHCL will tell you which it is .. .. truly really low stomach acid or high stomach acid as you often here today (in my opinion).

This thread has really good links provided by Gemini that talks about how low stomach acid is often confused for high stomach acid today.

Not all heartburn is equal if food triggers it then the your stomach acid is already too low to start with has been my experience.

This (low stomach acid) is a vicious cycle. STRONG stomach acid makes it a virtuous circle/cycle.

Here  also is a nice thread about food/digestive enzymes that Ennis_tx started.

I hope this is helpful.

remember****this is not medical advice just some practical things/tips that many members of this forum/board have used/use to help their digestion.

Some of use more than other but they are all good suggestions.

Not one solution works for everybody.

As always 2 Tim 2:7 “Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things” this included.

Archived