1 1
Chris1802

Test results help please!

Rate this topic

Hi, I've recently been tested for coeliac and the result came back 'normal'. But my levels seem very low- is this relevant at all? These are the numbers: 

Tissue Transglutaminase IgA   0.8 u/ml

Tissue Transglutaminase IgG   0.9 u/ml

Reference ranges: <7 u/ml -Negative

7-10 u/ml- Equivocal

>10u/ml- Positive

Thankyou! 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Chris1802 said:

Hi, I've recently been tested for coeliac and the result came back 'normal'. But my levels seem very low- is this relevant at all? These are the numbers: 

Tissue Transglutaminase IgA   0.8 u/ml

Tissue Transglutaminase IgG   0.9 u/ml

Reference ranges: <7 u/ml -Negative

7-10 u/ml- Equivocal

>10u/ml- Positive

Thankyou! 

Those are soundly negative.  I am not a doctor though, but I do have some common sense and can see that your result is less than the lab range.  You have a few options though.  Not everyone tests positive to the TTG tests (like me).  Consider the DGP and EMA tests.  Know that some celiacs are simply seronegative.  In that case, you would need to move forward to an endoscopy to obtain intestinal biopsies.  Learn more about testing:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/

Something must be wrong.  Celiac disease may be an issue for you or it could be something else.  Keep advocating for your health!  

Edited by cyclinglady

Thankyou for your reply- I find it so hard to challenge my doctor and push for more testing though :unsure:

Only you can decide what is best for you.  If my GI had not ordered  the complete panel, my diagnosis would have been missed.  Even in follow-up testing, I have never had a positive TTG, yet I had severe intestinal damage.  My only symptom was anemia (iron-deficiency).  I hope you find the source of your health issues!  Best of luck!