seerwatch77

Des Moines Iowa

Rate this topic

I'm from Canada and I'll be traveling to near Des Moines, Iowa next month for a family reunion. We will be staying at a resort (Honey Creek) and I'm not sure of how good the food will be. What is a good place to stock up on snacks and easy gluten-free food in Des Moines before heading there?

Also, what would be the best place to get Larabars? I want to try some of the flavors we don't have in Canada. 

1 hour ago, seerwatch77 said:

I'm from Canada and I'll be traveling to near Des Moines, Iowa next month for a family reunion. We will be staying at a resort (Honey Creek) and I'm not sure of how good the food will be. What is a good place to stock up on snacks and easy gluten-free food in Des Moines before heading there?

Also, what would be the best place to get Larabars? I want to try some of the flavors we don't have in Canada. 

HyVee grocery stores for gluten-free snacks and Lara bars  . Louie’s wine dive in Kansas City does great with gluten-free - it’s a chain from Des Moines .  Whole Foods are good too.  Let me check for more .... I think there might be a gluten-free bakery.  

I don’t see the gluten-free bakery I thought was there 

On 5/24/2018 at 5:38 PM, seerwatch77 said:

Just came from the area after driving through from Indiana. The bakery is Sweet Rewards Gluten Free Bakery. It was good! Not far off of I80 in a suburb called Waukee. We didn't need to stop anywhere else at that point but Find Me app had some options. 

I live in a town with hy-vee grocery stores. If you go to their website https://www.hy-vee.com/meal-solutions/special-diets/default.aspx and click on the gluten free foods link you will find every hy-vee product that is gluten free. I have had many and have never had a problem.  This list is for Hy-Vee products so it will not include other companies. I seem to survive off a lot of PB and J sandwiches when traveling.