This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

How many times did you screw up in the beginning?

Brogrammer

Brogrammer Apprentice

Oh and for the guys in here... especially maybe @Ennis_TX since we're about the same size....

What has this done to your mood and hormones? I figure those two things are related, and the former would hint at the latter since most of us don't bother getting a hormone test after every episode. Anyway I get very pronounced mood swings, and I just kinda feel like when I'm at the bottom part of the rollercoaster the masculinity has just been sucked out of me by the big bad crazy gluten succubus or something. Especially at night... but from what I know about stress, that could be cortisol rather than sex hormones.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master

On the constipation, Natural Vitality Calm, works with mood swings and some other anxiety issues, along with muscle cramps etc. Dose to tolerance, scale works best but start at 1/4tsp (1-2g) and each day up the dose that much til you get loose stools, then back it down a few grams. You will find your dosing might need to vary, working out, stress, etc. can cause your magnesium requirements to fluctuate. I at one point could take 18g and have hard stools still. I now take about 12g doses or less.

Hormones...unsure, honestly I am taking test boosters trying to find something that works to promote gains. The mood swings I used to often link to foods I ate, like Asputame, or asuflame would turn me into Mr. Hyde then pit fall me into a emotional mess when I came off. Other foods would have similar issues. BUT I also found foods that worked to improve my mood, like pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds (mygerbs is the only safe one....trust me), cocoa nibs, healthy fats like fish,  I also take B vitamin blends that really helped like Liquid health Stress & Energy and the Neurological Support one 1tbsp each 3 times a day. I sometimes use CBD oil in a vape pen when times get really rough  (was life cornered today with my reason for being alive slowly taken away and straight up took a few drops under the tongue)

SinisterRye Newbie

im eating corn taco shells fruits vegetables gluten free cheese brown rice some dairy==i think the worst is macaroni and cheese,what are all those ingredients?even on the "healthy traders joes "brand?

SinisterRye Newbie

id not take magnesium pills -i think it slowed my heart years ago

kareng Grand Master
2 hours ago, SinisterRye said:

im eating corn taco shells fruits vegetables gluten free cheese brown rice some dairy==i think the worst is macaroni and cheese,what are all those ingredients?even on the "healthy traders joes "brand?

2 hours ago, SinisterRye said:

id not take magnesium pills -i think it slowed my heart years ago

Maybe you would like to start your own topic and ask questions there?  Might be less confusing and give you some better answers.

RogerHagerty Newbie

I was out in Arizona on a golf vacation last year and me and my gluten eating buddy went to a nice breakfast place that was touted as having a good deal of gluten free options. When we entered I let the hostess know I was gluten free, and she pulled out the gluten free menu for me and sat us. Looking at the menu I noticed waffles and my mouth immediately started to water (I love a good waffle), the server came, I pointed to the menu and my selection, and said "Remember, this is gluten free", to which the server nodded and said "No problem at all sir". My buddy ordered up his big stack of pancakes, etc. and we waited for our breakfast. Minutes later, the waiter came out and set in front of me, one of the biggest, fluffiest, wonderful looking waffles I have ever seen! I poured some syrup on it and dug my fork in for a big bite. It was so delicious, and I knew instantly... this isn't gluten free. I called the waiter over, and said "Now, I ordered the gluten free waffle... remember"? His eyes got wide, just before he snatched my plate away, apologized, and ran off. He ended up bringing back a pathetic looking thing that they called a waffle, and I knew I had the right thing. ;) So, while I didn't necessarily screw up, it was a screw up, and I paid for it a bit later. 

Archived