1 1
Julie P

Help needed on Updated on Viral Gastroenteritis & Recovery w/ Celiac

Rate this topic

Posted (edited)

Start at end of this for couple more questions if have a minute thanks

Hello

this is my first post so forgive me if this is not the correct spot- my apologies.

20 years undiagnosed Celiac - 9 years recovered- 12 days ago my husband ( not celiac) shared a gluten-free pizza and we both found ourselves with lethargic, terrible gas pains and explosive watery bowel, a mild headache .

my husband 7 days pretty much back to normal. Myself better but bowels are still recovering.

BRAT diet applesauce, bananas, teas, gluten-free bagel, eggs scrambled and rice/ jello - called reg Doctor on Monday and things were settling down now - every other day since Monday explosive bathroom visit just 1 time.

taking probiotics and digestive enzymes as always -

any advice to get things back to normal- ideas and opinions welcomed as I need to get out of the house without having a toilet trauma happen?

thanks in advance

julie

updated most likely food poison salmonella -

changing probiotics- using ultra floraIB 3xs daily starting tomorrow - thinking all my good flora has been wiped out-

back to a protein/veggie/some fruit( berries) and nuts..

question ? What nuts would you all use- 

any other ideas?

icurrently use digestive enzymes  both types to break down foods

what current favorites of these do you all use- gallbladder gone for 30 years- 

Edited by Julie P
Update

Hi,

Maybe remove the carby/sugary foods for a few days.  Like the rice, bagel, banana, and applesauce.  Instead eat meat and veggies and nuts and eggs.  Also try some Pepto Bismol.  Some psyillum husks might hep too.

Thanks will do -going the basics protein and veggies would be helpful- thank you