Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
Jennifer Jimenez

Glutened blood in stools

Rate this topic

I ate gluten by accident two days in a row spent the night at my friends had terrible abdominal pain and now I’ve had bloody stools with black specs for 3 days should I be worried?

If you know you ingested gluten, you might as well wait it out.  Chances are your celiac disease or NCGI has been activated and a doctor can not help you.  Get plenty of rest, stay hydrated, and eat foods that are soft, mushy and easy-to-digest.  If your symptoms do not improve in a week, call your doctor.  

I am so sorry!  This has happened to all of us!  

4 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

If you know you ingested gluten, you might as well wait it out.  Chances are your celiac disease or NCGI has been activated and a doctor can not help you.  Get plenty of rest, stay hydrated, and eat foods that are soft, mushy and easy-to-digest.  If your symptoms do not improve in a week, call your doctor.  

I am so sorry!  This has happened to all of us!  

Has that happened to you after eating gluten?

No, but I have passed out from the abdominal pain, vomited, experienced diarrhea, reflux, have been unable to digest any food for a month (hence the stews and soups) without pain, developed hives, activated my other autoimmune issues, etc.  Everyone is different.  The black spots may not be blood, but just undigested food.  

Maybe others can provide their experiences.  

If it lasts longer than a week, then tell your doctor.  He or she can determine if this is related to celiac disease or if you have another issue.  Of course,  I giving you this advice based on assuming you have celiac disease and that you ingested gluten.