• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

JessicaB

[color=#cc33cc]today[/color]

Rate this topic

I like asking others with celiac what they ate for ideas.

Today was my very first day! I think i did good. Its going to be hard

but i can do it. This is what i ate....

No breakfast, i had my endoscopy and biopsy today :(

Lunch- chicken breast stir fried with cajun seasoning and veggies

Snack-Apple,banana

Dinner- hamburger by itself with cheese ----- is turkey burger ok to eat???

Dessert- ben and jerrys chocolate icecream

What ben and jerrys are gluten-free? pfish food, chocolate, vanella...???

Today was my very first day! I think i did good. Its going to be hard

but i can do it. This is what i ate....

No breakfast, i had my endoscopy and biopsy today :(

Lunch- chicken breast stir fried with cajun seasoning and veggies

Snack-Apple,banana

Dinner- hamburger by itself with cheese ----- is turkey burger ok to eat???

Dessert- ben and jerrys chocolate icecream

What ben and jerrys are gluten-free? pfish food, chocolate, vanella...???

Breakfast: Ham and Cheese Omlet and Orange Juice

Lunch: Microwave Popcorn

Snack: Homemade "chex" mix made with health valley rice and corn crunch'ems

Supper: Mcdonalds double cheeseburger no bun, no pickles (i hate pickles!) ha

ha looks like I didn't eat too healthy today!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I'm glad your endoscopy went well. Good job, Jessica. :)

Breakfast-2 boiled eggs with one piece of Glutino flax seed bread (toasted)

Lunch-boiled brussel sprouts w/cashews

Snack-tea w/gluten-free gingerbread cookie

Supper-veggie stir-fry w/spanish rice

Charlene

Today I had two small gluten-free pizzas, half of a grape fruit, Kinnikinick Italian white bread with Kraft crunchy peanut butter, Thai Kitchen roasted garlic rice soup noodle bowl, a blueberry smoothie, lots of orange juice, and about a cup and a half of watermelon. I may have some popcorn later.

Edited by Carriefaith

Jessica:

I have never liked breakfast food. But try making a lot a rice from dinner and use the leftovers with scrambled eggs (not together, but separate). I also love my rice with seasoned "Herb-Ox"chicken bouillon seasoning. It makes it wonderful. I use Uncle Bens Rice.

Hillshire Farms makes good sausage and Jimmy Dean sausage is also gluten free.

Yoplait yogurt is gluten free and is great to dip apples and other fruits for lunch.

For dinner, Hillshire Farms Kilbassa is good, with mashed potatoes and Hellmanns's Dijonnaise Creamy Mustard, and fresh green beans with butter and dill seasonings.

Hope this gives you a good start

Lisa B.

Breakfast- Banana

Lunch- Risotteria cheeseless tomato sauce pizza and a breadstick.

Dinner- Risotteria breadsticks and I tried some of their croutons.

I also drank water thoughout the day.

Guest nini

for breakfast a banana and an Enjoy Life Foods cereal bar

lunch was a salad with tuna and cheese and Annie's Natural's Raspberry Vinagrette Dressing

snack was a handful of Lay's Stax, BBQ flavor

dinner was two Applegate Farms hotdogs wrapped in Mission Corn Tortillas's with Cheese and Mustard (didn't feel like cooking so this was the second night in a row I've eaten that)

still... something didn't sit right and I woke up a little bit ago feeling weird and took some pepto bismol and promptly threw up everything I ate for dinner.

I forgot to eat breakfast... just had apple juice. I had to go early to the store to get some Toilet paper.....we only had a partial roll left. Yikes! :o

For lunch I had leftover stirfry (Moogoo) and rice from last night. Yummy.

For Dinner I made chilli.

My snack was olives. They seem to really fill me up.

breakfast- a bowl of pineaplle and strawberries

lunch- half a small container of Cedar's plain hummus with Sharwood pappadums and sliced cucumbers

snack- a chocolate chip 'allerenergy' bar and a few hershey's kisses

dinner- steamed zuccinni on a bed of lettuce with breakstone fat free cottage cheese all drizzled with sweet baby rays BBQ sauce.

dessert- a few scoops of chocolate sorbet

Yyesterday I had:

Banana and orange juice

Salad w/ vegetables, oil and vinegar, ice water

Lays Natural Ruffle Chips

Steak and french fries, ice water

Applejuice heated in microwave

I'm currently trying to cut the amount of grains in my diet (rice etc.) and see if it makes a difference.

I'll do today-it's better than what I had yesterday, lol:

B: Apple with hazelnut butter, glass of soymilk

L/S: Boneless/skinless Chicken thighs with peas (I bring enough to have for lunch and snack at work)

D: Hum, forgot to take something out--will probably have Tinkyada spaghetti with meat sauce

S: Protein smoothie made with rice milk, frozen cherries, chocolate rice protein powder and a touch of hazelnut butter