This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I feel absolutely defeated

Jla83

Jla83 Rookie

I've been  getting  gluten intolerance/celiac   symptoms    and  I was so certain  it was  from gluten and  whenever I cut out gluten   I feel better .

I  had my blood tested (I was eating  gluten at the  time)  and i just got  a  call that it come back clear ,today is  a bad  day  all around as I had been incredibly careful what I ate  but have had dirrahea  today .I cant seem to  go more than  3 days in a row   having normal stools then I'm back to  where I started. 

I know this sounds stupid but I was hoping with everything  it came back positive as I'm absolutely terrified that its something more serious like cancer. 

I'm 35 and  am pretty healthy (or so I thought  )  I'm not bloated all the time  my stomach is flat in the  morning  but it for sure  seems food that is causing the  issue  .I don't  really eat dairy .

It may be worth knowing that both my grandma and mother  suffer with occasional  "poop problems" such as dirrehea  ,

Could  we all have the same illness that hasn't been diagnosed? Can people suffer from loose bowels with no real cause ?

My  poop sometimes floats  I've read that can be  due to an intolerance  but I just don't know what  ?

I'm not really sure why I'm posting here giving the fact my test come back negative but I'm absolutely beside myself over what else it could be  .

Any advice ,suggestions or guidance will be very much appreciated 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master
1 hour ago, Jla83 said:

I've been  getting  gluten intolerance/celiac   symptoms    and  I was so certain  it was  from gluten and  whenever I cut out gluten   I feel better .

I  had my blood tested (I was eating  gluten at the  time)  and i just got  a  call that it come back clear ,today is  a bad  day  all around as I had been incredibly careful what I ate  but have had dirrahea  today .I cant seem to  go more than  3 days in a row   having normal stools then I'm back to  where I started. 

I know this sounds stupid but I was hoping with everything  it came back positive as I'm absolutely terrified that its something more serious like cancer. 

I'm 35 and  am pretty healthy (or so I thought  )  I'm not bloated all the time  my stomach is flat in the  morning  but it for sure  seems food that is causing the  issue  .I don't  really eat dairy .

It may be worth knowing that both my grandma and mother  suffer with occasional  "poop problems" such as dirrehea  ,

Could  we all have the same illness that hasn't been diagnosed? Can people suffer from loose bowels with no real cause ?

My  poop sometimes floats  I've read that can be  due to an intolerance  but I just don't know what  ?

I'm not really sure why I'm posting here giving the fact my test come back negative but I'm absolutely beside myself over what else it could be  .

Any advice ,suggestions or guidance will be very much appreciated 

Did the do the full panel? How long were you eating gluten, as you have to be eating it every day for about 8 weeks (6-12 depending on source of info) There are several blood test, and some celiac test negative on them but test positive on the biopsy via a endoscope.
Open Original Shared Link
Open Original Shared Link
Post your results if you can, with ranges.

Did they run scopes on both ends checking for other conditions, crohns, colitis, Ulcerative Colitis, IBD, etc? 

Could be many things, floating is just a sign that the fats in the stool are not breaking down completely more of a intolerance issue related to enzymes not breaking down foods OR foods passing through the system too fast and not breaking down.

Marcia M  Clark Newbie

Have genetic blood work done. I had a negative result but the genetic test I did have celiacs. Hope this helps. Wish you well !

Ennis-TX Grand Master
1 hour ago, Marcia M Clark said:

Have genetic blood work done. I had a negative result but the genetic test I did have celiacs. Hope this helps. Wish you well !

A small pill cam to miss deep damage the scopes might miss, and a FULL panal are suggested. Even then if your negative your could have NCGS if you feel better on the diet.

Here is a quote from the screening page about the genetic test
"People with celiac disease carry one or both of the HLA DQ2 and DQ8 genes, but so does up to 25-30% of the general population. Carrying HLA DQ2 and/or DQ8 is not a diagnosis of celiac disease nor does it mean you will ever develop celiac disease. However, if you carry HLA DQ2 and/or DQ8, your risk of developing celiac disease is 3% instead of the general population risk of 1%.

Since celiac disease is genetic, this means it runs in families. First-degree family members (parents, siblings, children), who have the same genotype as the family member with celiac disease, have up to a 40% risk of developing celiac disease. The overall risk of developing celiac disease when the genotype is unknown is 7% to 20%.

A negative gene test excludes the possibility of later developing celiac disease, so this can be valuable information for first-degree family members. We recommend performing the genetic test for celiac disease in family members, especially children, to prevent future unnecessary screening. We recommend screening gene-positive first-degree relatives every 3-5 years."

ch88 Collaborator

I would try eliminating all grains, legumes, nuts, processed food and dairy from your diet.  You could try eating just fruit and vegetables and meat for a couple weeks and see if that improves your symptoms. The problem is that a lot of grains are cross contaminated or can cause an immune responce. Also oats  are questionable for someone with celiac disease. It may take a while for you body to readjust.

You could have a different type of sensitivity to wheat besides Celiac disease. Or it could be that the test wasn't done properly (that does happen sometimes) or that you had a false negative.

Archived